FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I've got a hole in my Steamer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ifoxwell View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ifoxwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've got a hole in my Steamer
    Posted: 23 Feb 16 at 5:25pm
And its not the time of year to have problems like that so whats the best way to repair it?

Cheers

Ian
RS300
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 16 at 6:32pm
Buy a new one and stop being a typical dinghy tightwad.
Do Different View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 16 at 6:50pm
AquaSeal is clear sets a little shiny and obvious and once the tube is opened I have trouble storing it for future use, quite expensive as well.

Black Witch is er black, lasts once opened and I think is cheaper, possibly not quite so heavy duty viscous as AquaSeal.

Certainly not definitive advice but all I know.

cad99uk View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote cad99uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 16 at 7:42pm
Store AquaSeal in the freezer.
Do Different View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do Different Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 16 at 8:26pm
Tried all ways, making sure no air returned into tube, wrapped in cling film in the freezer. Not doubting you, how long have you kept it after opened?
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 16 at 8:49pm
Why am I not surprised there a so many with available answers on fixing a hole in a wetsuit ffs, you couldn't make it up never mind write it. I'm surprised there's not an answer involving wood glue...
cad99uk View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote cad99uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 16 at 9:02pm
Store in freezer for six months or so. The other day the tube was down to a quarter left and only then had to open the end up because the nozzle was clogged and could not be cleared. The glue was still useable and then just rolled the end back.
Paramedic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 16 at 7:56am
Most diving centres will glue a neoprene patch on for you - might cost £10-£20 depending on the size of the hole.
ifoxwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ifoxwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 16 at 9:01am
As, Graham rightly points out, I'm tight... and I happen to have some Evostick.... so would that work as an adhesive?
RS300
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 16 at 9:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>