FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yacht & Dinghy holidays

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
provenjohn View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote provenjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yacht & Dinghy holidays
    Posted: 24 Nov 05 at 12:43pm

Hi

Has anyone any any knowledge of combining say a weeks flotilla or charter with a week ashore & dinghy sailing, somewhere in Sun?

A bad day sailing is better than a good day at work!
grimupnorth View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote grimupnorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 05 at 5:33pm

Neilson do too.  We did this last year, out of Porto Heli (where they have their performance dinghy kit) and it was great.  The flotilla week didn't suit the kids as much as the shore-based week, though. 

The Peleponnese cruising area is nice, but quite long distances - Ionian is better for beginners like James said.

Quagers View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Quagers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 2:15pm

Try searching Villa-Flottilla thats what most companies call it, have done both neilson (nidri then ionian) and sunsail (club leda then pelopenese) both in Greece and can say that for me the week ashore was better with Sunsail but Neilsons Flottila was better.

Rob.e View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob.e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 8:34pm
We did a Villa Flotilla 2 years running in the Ionian with Neilsons, and loved it. It's not very windy in Nidri, but I bet you could sort out to go to Vassilliki for a week and then join a flotilla: we took a girl from the dinghy hols group to Sivota on our first day in the big boat, she had a meal with the group, and then they organised a Taxi to take her back to Nidri, so they seem pretty flexible. Give it a go, we're going back next year, perhaps to Croatia. One word of caution: they use the older boats for the Villa/Flotilla, and some of them are a bit smelly! You need to pump the holding tanks out properly!!!!
Europe GBR351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Europe GBR351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 06 at 12:28am
Sailing Holidays do it I think. I went with them for a 2 week flotilla, all the staff were really cool and friendly and you were made to feel special because it seems like a small company therefore excellent customer service. Definatly recommend them!!!
WildWood View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote WildWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 06 at 11:10am
We went to Croatia with Neilson.  You can do a flotilla/hotel 2 week split, but I would recommend just doing flotilla - it was fantastic.  Croatia is beatiful and the flot experience is IMHO much better than being based in a hotel!  The Neilson sailing centre in Croatia is mainly catering for flot's, but they did have a decent selection of dinghys as well - all nice and modern, and a reasonable selection of windsurf kit as well.  I would rate the Neilson Dalmatian flotilla 9 out of 10.  The only thing against it was the entertaining transfer from the airport - to be experienced to be believed!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply