FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Standing up in a hiking class

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
laser193713 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote laser193713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 15 at 4:31pm
It is a great bit of boat handling by probably the best sailor to set foot in a laser ever... 

The thing that really bugs me about that video is those little creases that come from the mainsail where the mast joins... NOT!  LOL
Peaky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 15 at 9:31pm
Best ever?

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser193713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 15 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Peaky

Best ever?

Yes, best sailor of a Laser.... The revolution in boat speed that came about, especially in a breeze, through his time in the class was phenomenal. Having raced against him, as well as various other olympians, he is the one I would say was most untouchable in a Laser. 
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 15 at 11:58am
hasn't filtered down though has it or the class PY's wouldn't get slower every year- i'd say "best" would be sharing ideas, maybe best of his era

RS300 and RS200, ex Musto Skiff
jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 15 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by laser193713

It is a great bit of boat handling by probably the best sailor to set foot in a laser ever... 

I am sure a certain R Scheidt and B Ainslie might disagree with you there.
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser193713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 15 at 2:14pm
They may well do, but having raced against all of the above I am probably better placed to make the judgement than most. I agree that our Ben may be the greatest olympic sailor of all time, but boat on boat in a laser in their prime, Slingsby would be quicker. 
kneewrecker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 15 at 2:34pm

They may well do, but having raced against all of the above I am probably better placed to make the judgement than most. I agree that our Ben may be the greatest olympic sailor of all time, but boat on boat in a laser in their prime, Slingsby would be quicker. 

p'ah... not quick as a replica slingsby would be, and they're cheaper.
iiiiitick View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote iiiiitick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 15 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by kneewrecker

I wish we had a 'like' button on here!

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser193713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 15 at 3:16pm

LOL Clap
iiiiitick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iiiiitick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 15 at 3:49pm

LOL Clap

Don't like emoticons. They are for feckless youth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>