FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You know you are getting old when

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Scoopdeck View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Scoopdeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You know you are getting old when
    Posted: 25 Feb 16 at 7:44pm
Ouch. I thought it was when you can't get off the couch without making a noise. 
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 16 at 9:56pm
That's from having a heavy lap top on your lap for 15 years.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 16 at 9:35am
Agreed, excellent report, love the shot of josie on one leg..
SUGmeister View Drop Down
Sailwave Moderators
Sailwave Moderators

Post Options Post Options   Quote SUGmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 16 at 10:15am
Originally posted by JimC

The spare laptop you dig out to show the results on, and the software on it, is older than all the competitors at the event...

We set up the Sailwave User Group 3 April 2001! Sailwave is a few months older.
Simon SUGmeister
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 16 at 11:03am
I was thinking OS, which was Windows 98. But as I recall I didn't have Sailwave on that box, only using IE to display results I calculated on another slightly younger one.

But its a good reminder actually, thanks guys. I haven't done an open since the clubhouse refurb was finally finished, and we have a winter Topper open in 2 weeks. Yes Sailboat weekend! I must go and check that I have my act together and the wiring works.

But here's a gratuitous plug for Topper people. Come down to Island Barn reservoir (near Hampton Court) on Saturday 5th and check out our refurbished clubhouse and newly fence free banks. Whilst personally I am unconvinced (to say the least) about scheduling an open on Sailboat weekend, maybe if you come from further afield you might like to do the open on Saturday and Sailboat on Sunday. Family members uninterested in sailing could do Hampton Court on Saturday and take a tube into town on the Sunday...

Edited by JimC - 26 Feb 16 at 11:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12