FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drysuit with trapeze harness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
popeye_ali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote popeye_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drysuit with trapeze harness
    Posted: 10 Sep 15 at 8:12am
Hi all

Hi all looking to buy a new drysuit and wondered If anyone has any recommendations on one that is cut well to work with trapeze harnesses?

thanks
RS400, RS600, RS700, RS800, Int Moth, Laser. Musto Skiff (current)
Neptune View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 15 at 8:47am
Hi Popeye_Ali,

As far as i'm aware most skiff sailors wear wetsuits.  The only person i think still wearing a drysuit that i've seen is Sten; a Musto model (if you are a class association member and order through them you get a discount).
Musto Skiff and Solo sailor
PeterG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 15 at 9:24am
I used to wear a dry suit with a trapeze harness in the winter, when I had a Contender. No particular issues. Last, and probably best, pairing I had was a Gul Shadow with a Banks Radial.
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59
andymck View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote andymck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 15 at 4:50pm
Mrs Sten too.
Both often with a wetsuit underneath in the cold.
I used to as well until it perished, trapeze harness was good to prevent the yoof low crotch look.
You just need to avoid one that has a zip over over the bony prominences of your pelvis, as will hurt.
Otherwise no issues at all.

Andy
Musto 221
Andy Mck
NickA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 15 at 10:23pm
I've an expensive Neil Pryde one I wear with a trap harness all winter. Prior to which I had a cheap Crewsaver one (which was always a bit damp).  Trapeze wise, no particular problems with either. 

The expensive one was worth the extra money btw as, for reasons unknown, it's drier - though the much vaunted "3d flexibility" is not noticeable at all.

Maybe avoid a back zip as it will dig in when you lie back on the harness.
Javelin 558
Contender 2574
crosby mafia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote crosby mafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 15 at 10:56am
I've just purchased a new Typhoon drysuit from coastwatersports,  too warm to try it just yet !  but I've tried it on with a harness and very comfortable.  Its their new eesidon version with a shorter curved front zip.
On a purchasing side.  Can't fault coastwatersports, ordered lunchtime Tuesday  arrived mid morning Wednesday.  So impressed by the service. Will defo use them again
Other suppliers may sell similar items,  may not be as good.
Better a crap day in Abersoch than any day at work.
 Post Reply Post Reply