FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boats for Young Sailors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Noah View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 15 at 6:21pm
At that age probably Oppies for the elder and a Cadet or Mirror with someone older and capable for the younger, but VERY GENTLY to begin with. Don't want to be scaring anyone off now, do we? I would also recommend an RYA 1 / 2 course if you can find one locally. They will be mixing with other kids of their age and all starting out on this wonderful road we walk.
Nick
D-Zero 316

Starsailor12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Starsailor12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 15 at 3:46pm
And before anyone points it out, I have posted this in the wrong section - it was not meant to be in the Olympic Sailing Forum. Sorry I am new to this business.....
Starsailor12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Starsailor12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 15 at 3:38pm
My two sons, ages 3 and 5 have just started to take an interest in sailing and boats.

I would like peoples thoughts on the best way to get them on the water - in a dinghy or perhaps in a small trailer- sailer or bilge keel yacht, and what types people would recommend?

Both can swim. I want something safe but enjoyable for both of them

Budget is a bit limited - cú2/3k

I currently sail single handed dinghies on the North Kent Coast but have my day skipper theory and crewed on 'big boats'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12