FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More great race reports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
jeffers View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More great race reports
    Posted: 29 Jul 15 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by kneewrecker

I'm afraid not, and those semi naked women who follow you or like your pictures, are probably the same guy called Roland who works from a bank of linux boxes in the basement of his mom's house in Idaho.  

Sounds like the voice of (bitter) experience....
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
kneewrecker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 15 at 12:46pm
you never heard of Sinbad?  Ask Graeme one day.....
Woodburner View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Woodburner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 15 at 1:53pm
Sinbad (internet windsurfing troll)is sadly gone, died a few years back, was good value whilst he lasted, and that nutter Oneup or Pueno who was probably him as well.
iiiiitick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iiiiitick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 15 at 4:26pm
I am new to this instagram thing, an instagram virgin you may say. Quite a few teenage girl sailors seem to 'like' our pictures and some of their photographs seem to be of them doing beachy things with their friends. I have been told that I should 'like' or even 'follow' them back, but I have no wish to share a cell with Mr. Glitter or Rolf, so I do not.

PeterG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 15 at 5:49pm
I think Rolf and Gary did a little more than "like" a few instagram photos!
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 15 at 2:06pm
Can people stop using "Snakes and Ladders" in race reports, I'm reading about 2 or 3 a week now with this most irritating phrase in. Many thanks. Disgruntled. 
Needs to sail more...
kneewrecker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 15 at 2:12pm
could be worse.... they could be talking about the apres-sail in terms of Cluedo.... 

... you know Colonel Mustard doing Miss Scarlet in the Drawing Room with a Candlestick.  Very RS200...

Edited by kneewrecker - 31 Jul 15 at 2:12pm
Roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 15 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by tgruitt

Can people stop using "Snakes and Ladders" in race reports, I'm reading about 2 or 3 a week now with this most irritating phrase in. Many thanks. Disgruntled. 

I agree.... but also....

I wish they'd stop using "Champagne Sailing" - it means so many different things to so many people and it's repeated use in report after report just shows a lack of imagination......
rant
rant
rant over.
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 15 at 4:46pm
Mmm, but cliches become cliches because they communicate well with people. Maybe a talented writer can come up with a different phrase, but its a pretty evocative shortcut for variable conditions in which it was easy to gain or lose a lot of ground quickly...

Anyway I'm sure we all have our own stylistic quirks. I'm very prone to starting paragraphs with adverbs, particularly ones starting in a, and most especially anyway. If I'm not careful I'll see half the paragraphs in a report starting with it...
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 15 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by JimC

variable conditions in which it was easy to gain or lose a lot of ground quickly...

Nicely put, I'd much rather read that than and stupid board game related cliches!

I agree about 'Champagne Sailing' too, I don't even like Champagne!
Needs to sail more...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>