FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Tests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Woodburner View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Woodburner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Tests
    Posted: 28 May 15 at 4:45pm
The thing is why would you? If you do then the assumption is you're fanboying to build the class, I know I bugger about on here with tales of boat drama, but what's the upside?

I'd had a half assed ides of doing a blog on the various boats I've buggered about in, but who's going to see it that doesn't probably already know better.

It's the job of a magazine really, not an anarchist.
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 15 at 5:32pm
Its true that if you like a boat you are a fanboy and if you hate it then you are a troll, so there isn't much upside to writing a review, apart from just loving boats and wanting to talk about them, ignoring the nonsense and hoping it helps another boat lover to buy something they will enjoy.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
Bootscooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bootscooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 15 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Woodburner

The thing is why would you? If you do then the assumption is you're fanboying to build the class, I know I bugger about on here with tales of boat drama, but what's the upside?
I'd had a half assed ides of doing a blog on the various boats I've buggered about in, but who's going to see it that doesn't probably already know better.
It's the job of a magazine really, not an anarchist.

Well that's exactly what I did a couple of years ago on here, when I sailed the Alto... I'll see if I can find it...
Here you go;

Alto Review

Edited by Bootscooter - 29 May 15 at 1:54pm
Woodburner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Woodburner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 15 at 9:31am
And a very good review it was, and this environment is still an excellent instrument in which to discuss and note other folks points of view (and agendas)something magazines to date have failed to achieve even though the online era offers the opportunity.

If nothing else it's convinced me to go down the boat park and dig mine out for a refurb, there is no doubt it is the nicest boat I own when things are working right.
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 15 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Rupert

Its true that if you like a boat you are a fanboy and if you hate it then you are a troll, so there isn't much upside to writing a review, apart from just loving boats and wanting to talk about them, ignoring the nonsense and hoping it helps another boat lover to buy something they will enjoy.

The very reason why I haven't got the inclination to put fingers to keyboard on the D-zero I was fortunate enough to charter for a few months. I don't think a warts n' all review has much place ... Just demo a boat, ideally on some kind of lease, then make your mind up factoring in everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12