FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RS aero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 141>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RS aero
    Posted: 27 Sep 14 at 9:13pm
New thread 

Lets concentrate on what we know about this boat and questions/answers relevant to it as its now no longer speculation, but in production. 

We have a delivery date of February, so it would be great to get some input from anyone who has already taken delivery to hear their comments. 

Edited by SimonW99 - 28 Sep 14 at 12:25am
boatbasher View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote boatbasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 14 at 10:46am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 14 at 10:59am
Perhaps they are all out sailing...

Or perhaps they have better things to do than lurk here  Smile

jeffers View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 14 at 11:00am
Originally posted by SimonW99

Perhaps they are all out sailing...

Or perhaps they have better things to do than lurk here  Smile

Possibly....if they were sailing over the weekend they might still be trying to get back to shore, it was a little light!
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
Blue One View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blue One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 14 at 11:07am
What a surprise. Someone starts a thread wanting to deal with facts and positive sailing views and techniques about a boat and no one wants to play.

Says a lot about this forum these days.

kneewrecker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 14 at 11:12am
Originally posted by boatbasher

What do you expect with a wait like that- February?  Really?  Can't the Class Manager pull some favours and get Lymington further up the list?

We'll be at war by then, the Tories will be campaigning for a GE with half its backbench defected to UKIP, the Ski Season will be nigh-on over, mud tyres will be hung up for spring sets and Santa will have been and dropped off all his little packages for the Miiliband brothers (sssh, don't tell them he's not real, it would ruin it for them).

In the meantime, Devoti Zero sailors are out drifting like the best of them here.
Null View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Null Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 14 at 11:13am
I dunno blueone, there was an already active thread that had evolved.  Plus i think this thread is too early as we are hardly seeing loads of new owners around.   Just talk of numbers sold and only 1 poster on hear that had taken deliver of a boat.  My local big Aero fleet only 1 boat has been delivered and they have a couple of loaners whilst they all wait.  

So until people get boats, there isnt anything further to talk about i guess.
Blue One View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blue One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 14 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Null

I dunno blueone, there was an already active thread that had evolved.  Plus i think this thread is too early as we are hardly seeing loads of new owners around.   Just talk of numbers sold and only 1 poster on hear that had taken deliver of a boat.  My local big Aero fleet only 1 boat has been delivered and they have a couple of loaners whilst they all wait.  
So until people get boats, there isnt anything further to talk about i guess.

Hope your right.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 14 at 11:26am
The boat is a one design - no fiddling, no discussion on whether kickers are better than gnavs and what they do to mast bend - what is there really to talk about once the class is up and running? There will be technical tuning stuff, but I bet that will mostly be done on an Aero forum, so all that will be left for us on here is a discussion about how the different size sails are doing and how the handicaps are wrong. The other thread seemed OK for that.

Meanwhile, Aero sailors will be out sailing, probably with no idea that the Y&Y forum exists.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
ajbaldwin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ajbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 14 at 11:29am
I sailed one a couple of weeks ago at Menorca Sailing.  Had a go in the big rig the 9m sail on what was probably a 3 gusting a 4.  First impression is that it is very quick upwind. With my weight moved back (and I am 95kg) it appeared to plane fairly easily and did seem quick.  Downwind I didn't seem to able to sail it dead downing like a laser (this may be my technique) and an instructor advised to sail it more like a Assy.

Hiking position was good although the boat did feel a little bit like a improved Pico (which may be good or bad).  My main gripe, and I doubt this will be an issue in the UK was that I sailed it in just a pair of board shorts and I wished I had boots on after about 5 mins as the antislip surface was sharp on the feet and knees.

I found the sheeting from the boom without the need for a transom  Bridle to be strange at first, but this does make the Gybe a lot easier than on a laser.

Overall I enjoyed the Aero although this was just a blast around the bay for an hour or so
Yorkshire Dales SC
Vareo 505
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 141>