FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sailracer or Sailwave?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jeffers View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sailracer or Sailwave?
    Posted: 08 Sep 14 at 3:31pm
http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

Remember it is free software so the guys who do it are doing it for nowt. I know it runs well on emulators under various flavours of Linux/Unix and as the latest MAC OS is based on Unix then it should be ok....
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 14 at 5:03pm
Thanks jeffers I've downloaded it I'll give it a go..
craiggo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 14 at 8:57pm
Graeme,

As Im sure you know really, Sailwave is a very good results package for calculating your clubs race results.
There are plenty of people on here who use it and have done so for well over 15yrs. As long as you make sure you get all the settings right, its dead easy, simply add competitors and then add the race start times and the competitors finish time and then press 'rescore' and job done.
It allows you to publish the results to files on your PC or you can set it up to .ftp straight to your website.

You'll then need to create a PYS account for Hythe SC and upload from Sailwave into PYS. Not only does this simplify the returns process as you wont have to calculate the suggested PYs for every boat in every race, but it also means that you have no excuse for not getting your on the sea returns in to the RYA.

As for Sailracer, Simon runs the PYS site for the RYA and I believe operates online entries for big events and facilitates the results capture and communication.

In order to proceed you only need Sailwave and PYS
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 14 at 9:43pm
So the entire system has been computerised then?

And we wonder why it is so badly screwed up?

I've not used it, I've walked past heads buried in laptops glanced over shoulders, but they are PC's and I do steer very clear of them.

Sailracer and the sail juice series? Of course I'd trust them with my life, I mean why wouldn't I, they're a not for profit company of course? No? Really?

Anyway I shall have to look further and see how far the rabbit hole goes.
SUGmeister View Drop Down
Sailwave Moderators
Sailwave Moderators

Post Options Post Options   Quote SUGmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 14 at 10:48pm
There is of course also the Sailwave User Forum with, as of today, 2327 members, which has been providing fully comprehensive support for 13 years now. There are plenty of users who use Macs to run Sailwave as there are also linux users.

Simon SUGmeister
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12