FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'New Posts' on a tablet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Medway Maniac View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'New Posts' on a tablet
    Posted: 26 Sep 14 at 9:24am
Thanks Mags.

Spookily, I just tapped "(1 new post)" and came straight to your last - I thought for a second you'd already done it! I really can't spot the pattern.
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 14 at 7:56am
Hi, I will fix this.....unfortunately it is a bit of a pig to do, and I do have some higher-priority work at present. Please bear with me, and I'll make sure it gets done.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 14 at 2:02pm
Any chance of this being sorted, Mags? I'm getting RSI tapping those little 1,2,3 etc. boxes to get to last posts!
Noah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 14 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Punky

I get the same as Medway.  The link takes me to the right spot on the PC, but on my Ipad it doesn't. 
Likewise.

I usually use a PC during the day (shhh - don't tell the boss!) and the iPad evenings. The iPad appears to remember the last post viewed ON THAT DEVICE rather than the last post viewed by the user. Always logged in, of course, otherwise the forum doesn't know who you are or where you've been!
Nick
D-Zero 316

Punky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Punky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 14 at 12:32pm
I get the same as Medway.  The link takes me to the right spot on the PC, but on my Ipad it doesn't. 
Steve H View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 14 at 12:25pm
That's weird. I am logged in and went to look at the new posts. This one went to your post of yesterday in new posts. I looked at Crap Day and went to iGRF's post of yesterday even though I had read it yesterday, then when I looked I went straight to the latest unread posts in the L5000 post and the D zero posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 14 at 11:26am
Sorry, just seen your [Edit 1:] next to last Mags.

I'm pretty much always logged in, else I get problems with "New posts"!

Edit 2: tried deleting all cookies. No effect on that D-Zero link.

Edited by Medway Maniac - 04 Sep 14 at 11:33am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 14 at 11:24am
It would not be the cache, it would be cookies. You could try clearing the yachtsandyachting.com and yachtsandyachting.com/forum cookies from your browser, and then trying that "1 new post" on the D-Zero thread again.

The forum is supposed to store your last visit in the database, in order to avoid such cookie issues. Maybe there is a bug....

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 14 at 11:19am
Could it be a cache-clearing issue? Clicking "1 new post" on the D-Zero thread still takes me back to that ancient post I made on the thread that I referred to earlier.

Now, tapping "New Posts" at the top of this page always seems to take me back to "Yesterday at 5:39pm", rather than (usually) refreshing each time I hit it.

But I've gone to History, Delete cached images, to no avail
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 14 at 11:12am
OK, it sounds like there is only one problem reported: clicking the 'X news posts' links which appear in brackets. I will look into the page which decides where to send you in those situations. It ought to know when you last visited (regardless of tablet/iPhone/PC/Mac) but ONLY if you are logged in.

Who knows if they were, or were not, logged in, when they got trouble with the 'X news posts' links in bracket???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>