FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extreme 40s in Cardiff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
craiggo View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme 40s in Cardiff
    Posted: 25 Aug 14 at 10:15pm
Decided not to bother spectating in person in Cardiff this weekend (They ruined it when they shrank the course area such that spectating from the nice grassy area on the barrage wasn't an option) but watched a few of the races on the live stream.

One question I have is, in the last race did anyone see Alinghi take her penalty?

I noted The Wave and BAR taking their penalties but Alinghi merely unwound herself around the windward mark and then sailed on by as the others took their penalties, and yet Alinghi caused the carnage!

I've replayed the race on the GPS tracker which doesn't show Alinghi taking a penalty, and yet they have been given the result. Very odd!!!

Clearly Ben had an issue with the reefed mainsail, as he had no boatspeed and tactically dropped the ball a couple of times.
ellistine View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 14 at 11:29am
I think the took it down in amongst the wooden pylons where they nearly had a head on with The Wave.
 Post Reply Post Reply