FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Emsworth SC damaged?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
JimC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emsworth SC damaged?
    Posted: 30 Apr 14 at 9:06am
I've heard of at least one railway preservation organisation where the local level of theft, arson and general vandalism became so high that the site became unviable and they folded. I can imagine it happening to a sailing club too.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 14 at 8:34am
That is awful, Pat.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
patj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote patj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 14 at 6:30am
Emsworth isn't the only club to suffer arson recently. I heard last night that West Wilts Youth Sailing Association (http://www.wwysa.org.uk) at Westbury was broken into last Thursday, the two rescue boat engines stolen and the building set on fire to cover their tracks. The arsonists even brought their own fuel as the stored fuel was still there.
The club lost the sail store and rescue boats (melted) and a couple of club boats (also melted) and damage was done to the building so upvc windows etc. will have to be replaced.
With no sails or rudders for the Versas and remaining Toppers until the insurance (which does not cover new for old) is sorted, the club is struggling to continue, just at the start of their season when normally they run sessions every night for youngsters and some weekends sailing elsewhere. Longleat and Shearwater club (where most of the instructors race) have allowed them to use the facilities and 2 club duos for two evenings of the week which will at least help to keep things going.
Police are examining local cctv footage.

Edited by patj - 30 Apr 14 at 6:34am
sargesail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sargesail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 14 at 12:05am
Joined this season
GarethT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GarethT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 14 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by sargesail

Well the Club did an amazing job getting sorted so that sailing went ahead this weekend.  And the smell of smoke in the bar (which was open) was no worse than if there had been a BBQ in the prevailing wind direction.  And the kids had their first Opi lesson.

Are you an Emsworth member?

Say hi next time the little kid with the big windsurf rig is out - won't be for a few weeks as we're travelling a bit, but his big brother does most club races in a Laser.
Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 14 at 1:37pm
Given the fact I was on the point of giving up going to the pub just before the legislation kicked in, because my eyes were getting too irritated, I know which way I will be voting.
kneewrecker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 14 at 11:03am
I guess they needed to do something

And for what it's worth, I believe that all Scotsmen and women, born in Scotland, of either Scottish parentage or currently in residence there, should have the right to vote.    

alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 14 at 10:58am
(going wildly off topic) given the indoor smoking ban was implemented with the support of all parties in Scotland well before the same happened in England & Wales, the chance of a reversal in Scotland are nill.
And given I don't live in Scotland, I don't get to vote in Scotland.
-_
Al
kneewrecker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneewrecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 14 at 9:53am
Nigel Farage told me....  

Of course the anti-smoking lobby had no EU influence>>>

http://ec.europa.eu/health/tobacco/smoke-free_environments/index_en.htm

Anyway, when you lot vote for independence will you reverse the pub smoking thing?
alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 14 at 9:38am
Originally posted by kneewrecker

Well done them, to be honest a smokey smell in a bar has something a bit nostalgic about since that silly EU law banning fags.

Are you blaming the EU for legislation that had absolutely nothing to do with the EU?
-_
Al
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>