FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cracking Day.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
The Moo View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote The Moo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cracking Day.
    Posted: 16 Mar 14 at 7:43pm
Puts all this PY bollox into perspective. Me, I was on duty today and enjoyed the spectator sport. In the pursuit race it was a bit too windy for the British Moths to excel. My money was on the Enterprise, but the Supernova pulled through in injury time....Another cracking day.

Looking forward to getting afloat soon.
Reuben T View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Reuben  T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 14 at 7:47pm
any weekend where I have managed 6 1/2 hours sailing can't be a bad one
yellowwelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 5:29pm
In Courchevel, last day of a holiday, bombed my first black run, hit over 60 kph on GPS, rode in the park and managed a couple 50:50s on the easy boxes. I had the best black pudding in the world for lunch at the La Folie Douce in Meribel (proper dancing on the the tables ski joint) and to cap it all off, I just logged in here to check a PM (thanks Simon) and reminded myself there's a D-zero on order with my name on it.... Days don't get much better.

Home time tomorrow and I wonder if the dude who drives the shuttle will be the same fellow as the way here... He's also a sailor and windsurfer, but the amusing thing was he used to date one of Grumpf's daughters apparently. Small world!
Daniel Holman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Holman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 6:48pm
Oh Jesus we don't need a diplomatic incident this early in the game!!!

Rob.e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob.e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 7:14pm
Took the board out on Saturday and had a really nice sail without getting frozen to death: Result!
fab100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fab100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Daniel Holman

Daniel, if I was you, I'd refuse to sell James one of your ships; we all know he'll find something totally irrelevant to moan about. 

And i won't mention all that whinging about spreadsheets and class-racing only from now on stuff.

I suppose the silver lining would be that we know there will be at least some second-hand supply pretty soon. 
Daniel Holman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Holman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by fab100

Daniel, if I was you, I'd refuse to sell James one of your ships; we all know he'll find something totally irrelevant to moan about. 

And i won't mention all that whinging about spreadsheets and class-racing only from now on stuff.

I suppose the silver lining would be that we know there will be at least some second-hand supply pretty soon. 

It is out of my hands mate! I'm just the guy with the crayons. It was all I could do to stipulate a charisma assessment for potential owners in the class rules.
I just hope that its one of the (several) boats he looks back on fondly Pinch
scotsfinn View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote scotsfinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 9:06pm

Originally posted by fab100

It is out of my hands mate! I'm just the guy with the crayons. It was all I could do to stipulate a charisma assessment for potential owners in the class rules.
I just hope that its one of the (several) boats he looks back on fondly Pinch

No chance of that - check the early RS100 site. Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, Moan, Moan, Moan - Bye Bye ..... Pink Solos are the best in the world .... so I think I'll buy a D Zero .... can't wait for the posts Wink
Largs Sailing Club. D-Zero GBR 57, B14 744
www.blueseaconsultingllp.com
yellowwelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 9:29pm
Pink solos are still great, but something (actually two things) were coming it that might just be better / nicer to sail... I picked the one I liked the look of most, and at the price, why the f**k not? BTW - this is being approached as an alternative to big windsurf kit.

As for the RS100... Obviously I'm the only one who got shot quick when reality struck, nice to know if I'd kept sailing it I would be inland champion this year (10.2)
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 14 at 9:49pm
YW, I know from what has been said on here that you aren't a small person. The D0 didn't look like a boat with a huge amount of reserve buoyancy, so I do wonder if you will struggle to get planing in the marginal stuff - ie, pre the windsurfer coming out.

That said, as a blast around beach boat, even if you intend no handicap racing, it does look like a fun toy.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>