FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

D-Zero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 155>
Author
Medway Maniac View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 20 at 7:33am
Originally posted by 2547

But these days people need their social media fix. 
But, like me, they can get that as well !
2547 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2547 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 20 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Medway Maniac

Absolutely not progress.  FB leads to the same questions being asked over and over as there's no historical search possibility.

I'm on both a forum and FB for my car, and the FB posts are decidedly more moronic.

Agreed, however it seems the way of the world now. Never will you see a 6 year old thread reappear on Facebook. Where as on a forum you can search. Forums can build a huge and useful knowledge base. But these days people need their social media fix. 

Edited by 2547 - 11 Aug 20 at 10:14pm
Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 20 at 9:04pm
Absolutely not progress.  FB leads to the same questions being asked over and over as there's no historical search possibility.

I'm on both a forum and FB for my car, and the FB posts are decidedly more moronic.
2547 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2547 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 20 at 7:35pm
I started this 6 years ago ... forums have been over run by Facebook and Insta now. Not progress imho. 
423zero View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 20 at 6:43pm
Good thread with no negative non contributing posts, counted 6 missing, one of them is iGRF/woodbotherer, when he was trying to sneak onto CVRDA, others may have changed names.
Robert
zeon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote zeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 20 at 3:49pm
I know this is a very old, very long thread,  but itís a very hot day and I am bored. 
I really enjoyed it from start to finish , made me feel very nostalgic for the range of contributors we used to have. 
Oh well things change . Hope everyone is well out there in forum land Big smile

Edited by zeon - 11 Aug 20 at 3:50pm
iiiiticki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iiiiticki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 16 at 9:40pm
It hits my head like a kiss from a beautiful woman.....
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 16 at 9:17pm
I converted a Mirror mast into a Minisail boom, too. A bit heavy, but certainly strong!

Heavier that the Lightning Needlespar girder, I'd say, but more rounded for collisions with noggin.
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446
iiiiticki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iiiiticki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 16 at 9:09am
This thing about breaking Laser booms with centre sheeting.....on my 'modernised' Lightning I have a round boom instead of the old square girder one. This boom is made from an old Mirror mast. Yesterday was pretty windy, in fact I was pleased at my self for going out. Lightning booms are very long and the sail is Laser size but after three years my boom is not broken or bent. So, if centre sheeting a Laser on the existing boom is a problem just fit a Mirror mast! (No one will ever know).
jeffers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 16 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Rupert

Glad to hear that. Why the D Zero not use it?

It is a pretty complex system and cost was an issue. The 3 pre-production boats had the facility to go for the sheeting that way. The production boats have a different deck mould which does not have the channel in the floor.
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 155>