FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Park Carnage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Park Carnage
    Posted: 03 Jan 14 at 10:36am
Is your boat tied down? Have you checked your boat since Christmas?

This was the state of play at Chew on Dec 27th. Most of them are still like this (I checked this morning). I lifted oneback up, but then thought better of it - what if I cause more damage?   There are also countless covers shredded or torn off - mostly on Lasers. With more storms coming do make sure your boat is secure!

maxibuddah View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote maxibuddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 14 at 11:54am
I reckon all clubs are like this peaky. Certainly ours is no matter how many times people are reminded. Personally I don't care if someone's boat is damaged because they didn't tie it down properly, that's their lookout, what annoys me is the blatent disregard for the boats next to theirs. Quite often damage happens to those too.

Reckon someone at your club should be having a very serious word with the organisation that own the firefly's at the very least.
Everything I say is my opinion, honest
yellowwelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 14 at 12:00pm
That would be Bristol Uni or UWE sailing team wouldn't it???
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 14 at 12:07pm
Those are Bath Uni ones. The Bristol ones had enough rainwater in the covers to keep them down...
I don't know if you can read the writing on the hull of the Firefly. It says "Tie your boats down Numpties!!"
getafix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote getafix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 14 at 12:08pm
Very sad.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 14 at 2:12pm
Whitefriars used to be very bad, but in recent years we have had very few boats blow off trollies. We have a very good boat park manager, which helps.

Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
yellowwelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 14 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Peaky

Those are Bath Uni ones. The Bristol ones had enough rainwater in the covers to keep them down...
I don't know if you can read the writing on the hull of the Firefly. It says "Tie your boats down Numpties!!"

I guess when you don't actually pay for your own boats it becomes all too easy to not give a sh*t about them..... things must be different these days, we had a good set of L2s at uni and cherished them counting our blessings compared to other uni teams (Craiggo Wink); it took a further 3 years of hard fundraising for the following generation of students to buy a flight of second hand fireflies to replace them... 
transient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote transient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 14 at 2:27pm
It helps if the masts are taken down when bad weather is forecast.......
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 14 at 2:30pm
There's a lot of boats at Chew - you can't lay any blame on the boat park manager, it is the owners responsibility.
Arguably we have so many boats squeezed in that there is little space between them to get in and tie them down, but that is a poor excuse.
Ruscoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ruscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 14 at 2:44pm
You think your dinghy park is bad, check out Tewkesbury's! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>