FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dinghy sailing's for old men and kids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
turnturtle View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 15 at 1:57pm
They are easy to get Jack, and I'm not complaining about interest rates currently.  They just take a bit of a while to pay off.... no doubt things will have gone full circle in 27 years and we can all look forward to sailing Fireflies singlehanded like they used to in the Olympics....
iiitick View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote iiitick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 15 at 3:12pm
There was a family on Jeremy Kyle today, " My man went off and bought an RS 300 but his kids are eating worms....should I leave him for a Laser sailor"?
turnturtle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote turnturtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 15 at 3:19pm
If he was on Jeremy Kyle they're probably not his kids anyway....
sargesail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sargesail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 15 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by iiitick

There was a family on Jeremy Kyle today, " My man went off and bought an RS 300 but his kids are eating worms....should I leave him for a Laser sailor"?

To which our Jeremy replied:

'300 sailor - truly he is a God amongst men.  Get thee gone for even thinking of leaving him!  That said he would clearly be better off without you!'

And then he thought about it and said:

'A new one?  From Boatyard at Beer.  Got one on order myself!  And at that price why are your kids eating worms?  What aren't you telling us?'

Edited by sargesail - 11 Feb 15 at 5:13pm
boatshed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote boatshed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 15 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Jack Sparrow

It is the best time in history to get a mortgage.

Trouble is, it may be the worst time in history to buy a house.  
Steve
timeintheboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote timeintheboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 15 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by turnturtle

If only there was a British company offering something similar, but y'know, British built and designed with credibility. With strong residuals and a quality brand backing with training, circuit events on tap and a ready supply of consumables in case of problems... Hell, they could probably knock a bit off for a bit forum love. Ah, I guess I can dream...

Not a million miles away from Hartleys
Like some other things - sailing is more enjoyable when you do it with someone else
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213