FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Kev M View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Kev M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beer
    Posted: 28 Nov 13 at 6:06pm
Burton sailing club always has a huge selection of bottled beers behind the bar.
Successfully confusing ambition with ability since 1980.
craiggo View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 13 at 6:22pm
Thornbury SC has a selection of Butcombe and Wickwar bottled beers including BOB and Cotswold Way. For big events we normally get in polypins of these.
iitick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iitick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 13 at 6:40pm
No bar in our club i am afraid but nice pub in the village of Combs near by. At Southport a few years ago I was talking to a member of South Staffs. S.C. He asked about our water and the bar, "We have no bar".  He was visibly shocked, "No bar? Why do you sail there"?
timeintheboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote timeintheboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 13 at 6:58pm
The Ouse Amateur Sailing Club clubhouse in the heart of Kings Lynn. I believe CAMRA recommended. Great beer, great views, great heritage.

Most sailing is done some way away at saddlebow (no bar), but the occassional event on the river is still held.

Otherwise I have wobbled out of Brightlingsea SC a few times many years back - hopefully it will still be as good.

Like some other things - sailing is more enjoyable when you do it with someone else
robin34024 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote robin34024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 13 at 8:16pm
Ahh, but when the sailing is held on the saddlebow, every time i have been they have handed out beer from a local microbrewery as prizes!
NickM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 13 at 8:47am
Beer SC? (Whoop whoop - IQ siren goes...)
yellowwelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 13 at 10:09am
Originally posted by craiggo

Thornbury SC has a selection of Butcombe and Wickwar bottled beers including BOB and Cotswold Way. For big events we normally get in polypins of these.

and the flip side of this question Craiggo... my vote is for the bucket of punch each team received at the Bradford Barrel back in the '90's.  Loopyjooze!
Dougal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dougal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 13 at 11:34am
Woodfordes Wherry at Norfolk Broads Yacht Club (Wroxham).  The brewery is only a couple of miles away so you can stock up on the way home!
What could possibly go wrong?
Dougal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dougal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 13 at 11:35am
And Pin Mill SC (although mainly cruising yachts I believe) is right next door to the Butt and Oyster (Adnams).
What could possibly go wrong?
ASok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 13 at 12:52pm
I don't think bottled beers should count. Anyone can serve ale grabbed from their nearest cash and carry. Real respect needs to go to those who are putting some care and attention to their ales.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>