FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sailing 'life hacks'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sailing 'life hacks'
    Posted: 05 Dec 13 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by laser193713

My sailing life hack... Tesco bags (other brands are available) to put over your drysuit socks when putting your boots on top. No more tugging and struggling.

The more environmentally friendly option is to take reusable bags to Tescos, and fill your boots with hot water from the changing room tap before putting drysuited feet into them. They slip on easy, and it defends against an inrush of cold water when launching.
Towergate_Insurance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Towergate_Insurance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 13 at 4:05pm
Nice! Who knew plastic bags had so many other practical applications?!

It's also nice to see that underwear is a major consideration. I'm sure the emergency services are most grateful for your thoughtfulness!
winging it View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 13 at 5:59pm
Tesco re-usables have taken teh place of those blue ikea bags.  My car is usally full of them holding loads of sailing stuff, while there is nothing to carry the shopping.
the same, but different...

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 13 at 1:55pm
I haven't done this before - only just thought of it - but perhaps a Tesco bag down the back of my trousers will keep my pants dry when I sit in a wet patch.

By the way, are beer towels extinct now?
yellowwelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 13 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by MerlinMags

but perhaps a Tesco bag down the back of my trousers will keep my pants dry when I sit in a wet patch.

there is all manner of wrong in there Mags...  Confused
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 13 at 2:14pm
You're saying you LIKE having soggy pants?

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 13 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by MerlinMags

You're saying you LIKE having soggy pants?

this conversation could hit the gutter very easily...  Embarrassed
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 13 at 3:14pm
Just trying to defend my sordid preference for dry undies!

Let us return to the many uses for supermarket plastic bags, and hope that someone else can bring a non-trouser-related 'sailing hack' to our attention....

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 13 at 3:43pm
a note to dog owners.... you can use them to pick the sh*t up in the dinghy park.
Towergate_Insurance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Towergate_Insurance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 13 at 4:05pm
Just a quick note to say we'll run this thread for another week and then put all the tips together after that. 

Get those thinking caps on! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>