FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sailing 'life hacks'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
winging it View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sailing 'life hacks'
    Posted: 03 Dec 13 at 4:30pm
from beyond the grave.....
the same, but different...

yellowwelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 13 at 4:32pm
digging it up (with the other foot of course)
Er-Indoors View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Er-Indoors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 13 at 4:35pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 13 at 4:44pm
spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch... 
Towergate_Insurance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Towergate_Insurance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 13 at 10:28am
Originally posted by yellowwelly

spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch... 

Not really a sailing hack. However, yes - all those things are useful to have on you.  Smile
laser193713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser193713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 13 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Mark Jardine

Originally posted by laser193713

No, because that's not why you're here. You're here to advertise your company for free, yes I know you probably pay for the banners but this bit here is free. If you're just doing it for the fun then you've got something to think about because you're being paid to write it and we are paying for you to be paid to write it. How does that make us feel!? If you want to write on here for fun then create an account that isn't in your company name!

Why thank you laser193713

The aim of this thread is to get input from forum members to create an article with knowledge that other sailors could find useful. We (YachtsandYachting.com) are doing this in association with Towergate Insurance.

This could create useful content - something that your post is definitely not. In future, if you ever have any queries about content that you think is suspect on the forum then report it to Magnus and myself using the 'Report post' feature rather than making an assumption yourself Angry

Many thanks to those who are adding useful suggestions Clap

Mark

Well if they had just said that then there wouldn't be a problem. I still maintain that I would rather see my insurance company doing useful work related to my insurance than creating online life hacks guides. I don't think it is a good method of marketing nor does it make any business sense to me. Clearly, this thread hasn't worked for this very reason.

My sailing life hack... Tesco bags (other brands are available) to put over your drysuit socks when putting your boots on top. No more tugging and struggling. Once the boots are on always pull the plastic bags out by tearing them so that the boots grip with the drysuit making your footing much more steady. You also look less silly than having two bag handles hanging out of the tops of your boots!
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 13 at 2:40pm
Tesco Bags? Can I make another useful suggestion for poor Laser 193713 to help him not look too silly involving a couple of eyeholes?

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 13 at 11:04am
Surely if sailing is for POPs (Posh Old People) they should be M&S bags- they will confuse youngsters (in their 40s and 50s) by referring to them as 'St Michael'.  

Edited by yellowwelly - 05 Dec 13 at 11:04am
winging it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 13 at 12:19pm
I used to know a DI who wore popsocks insaide his dinghy boots to amek them easier to get on.   Knee length ones, worn with shorts, no attempt made to roll them down.

Lidl's epoxy putty is great for instant repairs and way cheaper than you will find anywhere else.
the same, but different...

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 13 at 2:10pm
sounds like the vets from trenches... some used to wear womens stockings to keep their legs warm... they joked it was a good way to ensure you didn't get shot, as no man would want to bleed-out in front of nurses in pantyhose.

back on topic, and a first world problem vaguely linked to the above... wear speedos under your hikers.  If you have to get cut out of them by a pretty nurse at A&E following a head trauma or entrapment/drowning, at least your junk will be under control.

Edited by yellowwelly - 05 Dec 13 at 2:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>