FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Update Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Eskdale View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Eskdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update Ratings
    Posted: 31 Mar 15 at 7:18pm
Hi Medway Maniac,

First all the versions for the last couple of years have been file compatible. OK if you use a feature that is only in a newer version then that won't work in the older version and any thing specific to that feature will of course not be saved but for general work there is no problem

To edit any competitor field simply click on the field and press enter - you can then edit it or select from the presented dropdown - I think that is what you are looking for.

Double clicking will bring up the whole competitor form for editing.

So if you want to change a helm/crew name select it and press enter - Bingo

Hope this helps

Jon
Medway Maniac View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 15 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Eskdale

To edit any competitor field simply click on the field and press enter - you can then edit it or select from the presented dropdown - I think that is what you are looking for.

Thanks for the tip, but actually that is another good example of something only a very regular user would learn and remember.  

I'm sure that most of ROs would prefer a more Excel-like interaction, even if it was just one of the F2 or double-click Excel options, or as I said before, if when the whole competitor form was brought up on double-clicking, the cursor was already in the appropriate place corresponding to the double-clicked cell.
Eskdale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Eskdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 15 at 12:56am
Hi Medway Maniac

If you didn't already know 2.18.5 is available from the Sailwave site.  This allows you to use the F2 key to edit a cell (Same as Excel ) and you also have the Copy Paste and Cut available on the competitor cells.
2.19.0 is available on request now and will be released generally very soon this has the other feature that was on your wish list.  Double click on a competitor parameter cell and the competitor form is display on the matching tab and the field you clicked is selected and highlighted.

Let me know what you think
Jon 

jon@sailwave.com

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 15 at 2:40pm
Thanks Jon.  Yes, I was aware of 2.18.5, but it's beta, and we are delaying updating the club's laptops until there is a stable version.

Certainly steps in the right direction.
Eskdale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Eskdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 15 at 3:50pm
Hi Medway Maniac,

Version 2.18.5 is stable - there are no known issues
Version 2.19.0 is available at 
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/220425/sailwave.exe
This is an exe only so you need to install 2.18.5 then replace the Sailwave.exe

2.19.0 has all of your wish list implemented for you  Smile

Jon

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 15 at 5:48pm
2.19.0 installed.  Thanks very much.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12