FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

which aqua fleece?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
craiggo View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which aqua fleece?
    Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 7:50pm
Nessa, I own two Musto aquafleeces and I have to say they are the best bit of sailing kit I own. Can't comment on the rooster ones, but I'd buy Musto ones until I give up sailing, they are that good.
Bootscooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bootscooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 8:15pm
I've got a Gill thermal one which I have to say is fantastic and still looks virtually new after 3 (I think) years.

The kids were both fully spammed up with the complete Rooster kit 5 or so years ago and none of it has worn out - new gear only bought when they've seriously grown out of it. I've been massively impressed with how hard-wearing it is, and practical/fast drying for overnight prep on 2 day events etc. As mentioned earlier, the only possible downside of the aquafleece is it being open at the bottom, but its never been mentioned as a problem by my two.
sargesail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sargesail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 8:19pm
Rooster for me (and all the family!)
winging it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 9:15pm
I think the new Pro Rooster has a draw string....
the same, but different...

hobbiteater View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote hobbiteater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 9:22pm
It has a rubberised velcro waist band. Doesnt leak at all much even when swimming
Bootscooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bootscooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 9:43pm
Sounds like that's favourite from the responses then...
moomin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote moomin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 9:16am
If you do go rooster and decide you can cope with the older colour schemes and no draw string waist they're selling off the old stock at reduced rates through their ebay shop.

Moomin
JohnJack View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 10:52am
Does anyone find the Rooster Pro outer shell a bit rubbery/sticky. Tends to grip and snag on stuff? Or is it just me?? Otherwise an absolutely brilliant bit of kit!!
The Original Rooster Aquefleece is currently going for £35 I think which must be a good buy (even as a spare).
A friend has the GUL Code Zero, they are pretty good as well.
ChrisB14 View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChrisB14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 5:58pm
I'm just getting set up for the winter. For starters the Rooster Pro AquaFleece and with Poly Pro underneath a summer long john (Decathalon 3mm) have been quite good, but I realize it's only a matter of weeks until that just won't do anymore.

Originally posted by ian4327

Rooster Aquafleece Pro with ThermaFlex Top and a Poly Pro Top.

Rooster Shin Tech Long John Wetsuit for your legs. (My nephew recommends this)

Up to what temperature range did your nephew find this combo suited for? I was thinking along the same lines then saw their new SuperTherm long john (which doesn't come in XLT), and then got side tracked and started thinking about a Gull Profile 5/3 steamer instead. I'm curious to hear what experiences other people have had.

B14 GBR 748 Bullet B
In build: Farr 3.7 GBR 410 (both sail number and the current number of loose parts)
winging it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote winging it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 13 at 8:15pm
I bought the magic marine one today.  Last year's style so a good price.  Now I just need the boat!
the same, but different...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>