FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So what is the most photogenic dinghy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So what is the most photogenic dinghy?
    Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 11:23am
Originally posted by tgruitt

Originally posted by iGRF

Originally posted by scotsfinn

Just how old is igrf. I thought the box brownie was old.
What was a "new dinghy " when you were 16? We sailed Lark number 34 which we brought four years old? Also sailed an FD which had wooden wheels on the launching trolley .... That was really photogenic Embarrassed

I'm going to call rank on you then. Thanks Wink

As to you young Gruit, I would have taught blokes your age, I used to teach at the local Art College in the seventies, including stuff like parallax which you SLR blokes wouldn't have a clue how to deal with.
I thought the saying was "Those who can't, teach"? Don't you worry Mr GRF sir I've learned on everything from 35mm to large format 10x8" negs, twin and single reflex. Thanks for the 'young' comment too, I'm probably a bit older than you think I am.

Oh err sorry GRF... I can't find your name in here... I must be looking in the wrong place!

The Association of Photographers Awards

Funnily as an Art Director mine is.
gordon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 11:30am
The question excludes the obvious candidates - as both the Dragon and the Star are keelboats!

My candidates - 1960s cold moulded 14's (c. Kirby 5)

the Water Wag (oldest one design - still sailing in Dun Laoghaire)

a cold moulded Firefly on the plane

Gordon
Gordon
Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Koops

RS300  Smile

Yep, with new sail, seconded.  Would be even better with a black hull...

boatbasher View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote boatbasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Jack Sparrow

What was a "new dinghy " when you were 16? We sailed Lark number 34 which we brought four years old? Also sailed an FD which had wooden wheels on the launching trolley .... That was really photogenic Embarrassed

As to you young Gruit, I would have taught blokes your age, I used to teach at the local Art College in the seventies, including stuff like parallax which you SLR blokes wouldn't have a clue how to deal with.
I thought the saying was "Those who can't, teach"? Don't you worry Mr GRF sir I've learned on everything from 35mm to large format 10x8" negs, twin and single reflex. Thanks for the 'young' comment too, I'm probably a bit older than you think I am.

Oh err sorry GRF... I can't find your name in here... I must be looking in the wrong place!

Funny ... he does not seem to be credited with the invention of the windsurfer anywhere either .... or his perpetual motion discoveries ...

It is a cruel world which does not correctly credit genius ...
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Jack Sparrow

You'll have to go back a lot further than that lot to find me, 1966 through 70 had a couple of journo awards, but like the dozens of other trophies and awards they get forgotten about and gather dust in the loft, never really to be spoken of other than to slap down young upstarts on forums of course..

Had the front page of the Daily Sketch and the old Sun once, does that count?
The £100 quid (lot of money back then)earned was better than any award though..

Edited by iGRF - 11 Sep 13 at 12:12pm
maxibuddah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote maxibuddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 12:20pm

Originally posted by maxibuddah

I hate to say it but probably the solo simply because it is slow. For the very reasons previously mentioned in that it pushes a lot of water out of the way. Always look good in tough conditions. The finn is pretty much the same

And the best bit is the amount of spray that obscures the helms face and in so doing avoiding the obvious embarrassment that goes with sailing one.
Everything I say is my opinion, honest
scotsfinn View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote scotsfinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 12:46pm
+1 veeeeerrry embarrassing and sooooo slow
Largs Sailing Club. D-Zero GBR 57, B14 744
www.blueseaconsultingllp.com
yellowwelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yellowwelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 12:51pm
appropriate avatar Scotsfinn  LOL

Naturally you could always sail one of your favourites to this theme tune...

Thunder Road View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Thunder Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 2:58pm
Returning to the original question, Int.14 K1061 Opus II design from the 1970s, I owned her and wish I still did Unhappy
Finn GBR16 Thunder Road.
PeterV View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 7:22pm
PeterV
Finn K197, Finn GBR564, GK29
Warsash
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>