FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cheating in AC?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
xraykong View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote xraykong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheating in AC?
    Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 11:28am
Yes I understand and respect that but does not address the issue. Some thongs are shades of grey. Ithers are black and white. To establish this only needs the light of day. Open or closed. Let the Cat out if the bag I say.
Pirate
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 11:35am
That was one hell of a long paragraph, full of whatifs and howcouldithaves, but covering no new ground at all. Oracle had a boat that was harder to sail, but had more potential. NZ had been told before the event started that USA's foils measured. Once they got the team right, and got the foil and wing working together they were faster. I would say "simple", but I suspect getting it working was as far from simple as you can get.

I suspect you believe that there was never a man on the moon, either?
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
xraykong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote xraykong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 12:08pm
Of course. Neil Armstrong a true hero. This is not a nationalism issue. More of a fight for the traditional values of truth and justice. And may be all ok. So let us see please.
Pirate
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 2:37pm
No question in my mind the yanks fiddled it, but then that's what they do, how much pressure was placed on the Race Officer to call that low wind race 4 minutes before the Kiwis finished? A lot of money riding on the event continuing and all that..

Nobody comes back like that in sailing, not legitimately, but hey it's going to make a great movie and the Kiwi's should still carry their heads high, hell I really felt for that guy, I wouldn't have wanted to be on that boat for all the tea in china in that last race, there was nothing they could have done, short of ramming them which is what I'd have done.

Edited by iGRF - 21 Oct 13 at 2:38pm
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by iGRF

Nobody comes back like that in sailing, not legitimately,

26 September 1983?

Edited by JimC - 21 Oct 13 at 3:58pm
Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 2:54pm
i was fortunate to be in Auckland for the home coming a couple of weeks back (was hoping my trip would coincide with bringing the cup back), have to say it was the most amazing atmosphere inside shed 10 and to see how proud everyone was of the team was very special.
Contender443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 2:56pm

No question in my mind the yanks fiddled it, but then that's what they do, how much pressure was placed on the Race Officer to call that low wind race 4 minutes before the Kiwis finished? 

Absolutely no pressure on the RO at all. It will have been in the SI for the event and he had no choice but to abondon when the time limit was reached. Just like the wind strength limit, all out of his control.
Bonnie Lass Contender 1764
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by JimC

Nobody comes back like that in sailing, not legitimately,

26 Seeptember 1983?

You'll have to explain that to me, I was proper sailing back then in the real world..
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 3:35pm
The rules were set well beforehand, and agreed by all. Dumb rules, maybe (especially those not allowing the race times to be changed because of TV schedule) but the same for all.

Looked to me like it all turned on the race where NZ nearly tipped it in. Before that, they had the upper hand. After, all over the place.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
xraykong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote xraykong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 8:30pm
I wish we wouldn't denigrate the yanks. Lets not forget all the good things. It is more of a compliance issue where it appears there is reason for doubt. All I am asking is for openness.
Pirate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>