FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Contender Worlds Scoring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
E.J. View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote E.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 13 at 9:41pm
Yes I have been reading about this today and I can find nothing to suggest a accident must result in a DNE. He should have retired under rule 44 but that oversight would have ended in DSQ.
Rebel Scum.
2547 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2547 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 13 at 9:04am
Originally posted by E.J.

Yes I have been reading about this today and I can find nothing to suggest a accident must result in a DNE. He should have retired under rule 44 but that oversight would have ended in DSQ.

As it turns out the ijs enthusiasm makes no difference because he had to score that result anyway. 
gordon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 13 at 8:42am
I Iy would help if someone could provide accurate details of the incident. If the incident caused serios damage or injury then a 2T penalty is not applicable and the boat should retire. It would only become a DNE if the Jury decides that rule 2, Unfair Sailing was broken.

2. There is a lot of nonsense talked about the cost of International Juries. If the Jury costs a lot it is usually because the organisers think about recruiting their jury too late. First recruit a local judge (IJ or candidate IJ) at least a year in advance. Let him find - the Aussie/NZ/American judge who will be in Europe anyway. Then find two judges who live near a low cost airport linked to near the venue. Tnen the local judge and another from same country. Allow them to book very early and offer to reimburse them immediately they have bought there tickets (an IJ cannhave hudreds, if not thousands of euros/pounds out in fares).
Accomodation - self-catering, with club members or a B&B (as long as it is walking distance of the club)
Food - pay a reasonable per diem and let them get on with it (unless club can cater).

I am at an event at which the totoal cost of the jury is equivalent to about 8 entry fees. Travel expenses came in at less than 700 euros.

Gordon

PS Alternatively - invite me to the event and I will do the recruiting for you. Apply now for 2014 and 2015 events!
Gordon
2547 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2547 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 13 at 10:22am
Originally posted by gordon

2. There is a lot of nonsense talked about the cost of International Juries. 

I don't think so ...

Lets price it up ... you have to have 5 IJs & an equipment inspector.

Lets work on 80/night for a B&B twin rooms so you need 3.

Assume you get a local & an expat so their travel expenses would be say 50/head x 2 then 3 overseas assuming no-one has to come long haul so 200/head x3

Then say you offer them 40 / day subsistence.

All that is pretty budget and multiply it up over a 7 day event.

Expenses = 50x2 + 200x3 = 700
Accommodation = 80x3x7 = 1680
Subsistence = 40x6x7 = 1680

Total = 4060

That is a lot of a smaller class to sustain even for a 100 boat fleet it 40/boat on the entry fee.

I think for non-Olympic international classes a 5 person jury is OTT ...

Edited by 2547 - 31 Jul 13 at 10:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345