FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tacktick repairs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
423zero View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 423zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tacktick repairs
    Posted: 20 Oct 18 at 3:53pm
Some of older type batteries will develope a memory, if you don't occasionally allow them to go flat, but keep charging them up everytime they are half charged, you can lose 50% of the batteries capacity.
Sam.Spoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 18 at 4:02pm
Thanks 432zero that had crossed my mind but I believe the battery in the Tacktick is Li-Ion which does not exhibit memory. Either way, as it was fully discharged when I collected it, I don't think that is the issue in this case unless it has been ill treated in the past.

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 20 Oct 18 at 4:02pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Blaze 671 "supersonic soap dish"
PeterG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 18 at 4:38pm
Yes, Tackticks are designed to be constantly charged when in use - if there's any sun - so I can't memory problems being an issue
Peter
Ex Cont 707
Ex Laser 189635
DY 59

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 18 at 5:58pm
Mine had been left unused for a fair while, the battery hours display read 0 but it had switched on immediately it sensed bright indoor lighting so the PhV cell is working fine......

I can't work out why Raymarine insist that charging is impossible using artificial light. It does need bright light, in my case I stood a 20 watt LED fitting directly on top of the PhV cell so probably brighter than bright sunshine due to the proximity. Either way it definitely charged the battery.

Edited by Sam.Spoons - 20 Oct 18 at 6:01pm
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 18 at 2:29pm
Well I used the TackTick last week, the reporting of battery hours seems somewhat erratic but it works just fine so I'll stop being paranoid and just get on with it.  Smile
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 18 at 2:42pm
Temperature, was it cold where you left it? Batteries don't like the cold as we're beginning to find out watching the useable range of our electric car dropping away with the temperature.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sam.Spoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 18 at 3:29pm
Actually it was quite cold (7-8ºC) but when it had been out in the sun it registered the most battery hours I've seen. Maybe the direct sunlight warmed it up enough to affect the reading. However, while resting in it's bag it has dropped from 220+ hours to 120 hours over the course of a few days.
Spice 346 "Flat Broke"
Greavesie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Greavesie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 20 at 12:14am
Hi Guys
Its over 6 years since I started this post and have really worked out how to fix them.
If you need any help just get in touch I am always happy to help. In fact I have fixed 2 of them this week! Tim 07963 405516
Sail BEL86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sail BEL86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 20 at 8:45am
Hi,

I have same issue : one of the displays is broken on my Raymarine Micro Compass, and no repair services offered through the dealership in Belgium.
I noticed your 'old' message on this forum.  Could you repair my compass and fit a new LCD or any other suggestions ?

Regards
Koen
Koen
W0153R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote W0153R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 21 at 3:33pm
I dropped my T110 and the display broke, I'm capable of doing the repair myself but have trouble sourcing a LCD module. Anyone has any pointers?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>