FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good stuff at the dinghy show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Hector View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Hector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 13 at 5:59pm
Keith
29er 661 (with my daughters / nephew)
49er 688 (with Phil P)
RS200 968
Vortex (occasionally)
Laser 2049XX
iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 13 at 7:04pm
Yes we did talk about that on another thread not long ago, can't remember what it was about, something to do with T foils I think .

I swang by to see you, saw your brother, you were off buggering about on some committee or other..
Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 13 at 11:28am
What was with the floating block on the aft bridle on what I take to be (a much nicer-looking dark hulled) Icon?

Back to the original, high-mainsheet-load, non-pointing Laser 2 set-up!
alstorer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote alstorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 13 at 12:04pm
Link doesn't work- fotoboat make it extraordinarily difficult to point a link towards a specific photo. I can understand disabling hotlinking of the images themselves, but there really needs to be a "link to this image" function to help drive traffic towards them...
-_
Al

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 13 at 12:46pm
Oddly enough, the link works for me!

Anyway, here is the photo:

iGRF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 13 at 1:11pm
Why does the name Sir Mix A lot spring to mindas a suitable name for that boat?
pondmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pondmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 13 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by iGRF

Why does the name Sir Mix A lot spring to mindas a suitable name for that boat?

anything to do with the Finn sailors who seem keen to buy them?
Thunder Road View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Thunder Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 13 at 2:25pm
I think the Finn sailors are looking forward to a little R&R time with female crews inbetween doing manly stuff in there proper boats? Devoti & Rodney have the trust of most Finn sailors, so I guess that's what we buy. That should lead to a few posts?!
Regarding the mainsheet, bridle, etc, you can do what you want in that area on the Icon so don't draw too many conclusions.
Finn GBR16 Thunder Road.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 13 at 2:28pm
Clearly rigged by a Finn sailor then.   Mike had better give them a tutorial before they start selling thus rigged.
pondmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pondmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 13 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Thunder Road

I think the Finn sailors are looking forward to a little R&R time with female crews inbetween doing manly stuff in there proper boats?

ahh, nothing like a bit of gender stereotyping... so now it becomes clear why Mike followed the KISS principles when designing it... you can't go around expecting Doris Daycare to do anything so complex as setting a kite or stepping out on a wire; and after a full day on the water and few too many Brandy & Babychams, she'll have bugger all use for your wing-wang too no doubt.

Edited by pondmonkey - 13 Mar 13 at 2:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>