FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

unknown dinghy help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
nikolasask View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote nikolasask Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: unknown dinghy help!
    Posted: 27 Jan 13 at 6:16pm
not long ago i discover a sailing dingly in very very bad shape.i started fixing it but now i have some problems with rigging etc. so i need to find the name of the dinghyto see at least some photos of how it is fully equiped. please if anyone can help i would be more than gratefull,i spend days searching in the internet bus nothing...here are some info: loa around five metres,the hull material is plastic,it is very old as it was alredy used in the 80's,it has a storage room at the front, the sail says "made in germany" and also these dinghies were used in a german hotel in greece so most probably they are german built but i can't be sure and someone working in this hotel told me that they had iron centerboard(i'm not sure for that because it is missing). thanks and i hope someone out threre can help me.... Smile here are some photos of it

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.558530807508890.136572.100000559273472&type=1&l=3e45f4bff4 
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 13 at 7:56pm
I can't get to the photos, but try looking up "Korsar" on google - just a punt.
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
RichTea View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote RichTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 13 at 8:33pm
That didnt work, I thought skipper 14, but no idea sorry

Link here

Edited by RichTea - 27 Jan 13 at 8:35pm
JohnW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 13 at 9:37pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote nikolasask Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 13 at 10:28am
the boat in the picture is the same as the boat in the video?the boat in the picture sure looks a lot like mine but in the video is too small to be the one,unless the make bigger and smaller models ....anyway thanks a lot for the help
Ian29937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ian29937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 13 at 10:58am
What questions did you have about the rigging?  There's a lot of experience on here and the boat looks relatively straightforward....
JohnW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 13 at 11:17am
Originally posted by nikolasask

the boat in the picture is the same as the boat in the video?the boat in the picture sure looks a lot like mine but in the video is too small to be the one,unless the make bigger and smaller models ....anyway thanks a lot for the help

Possibly a Flying Junior then.

The internal layout seems to be very varied, the one in the picture above looks similar to yours.

edit: corrected links.

Edited by JohnW - 28 Jan 13 at 12:10pm

Post Options Post Options   Quote nikolasask Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 13 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Ian29937

What questions did you have about the rigging?  There's a lot of experience on here and the boat looks relatively straightforward....

well my main problem right now is the centerboard....it is missing so i have to deal with everything that has to do with the mechanism that makes it go up and down.i could describe you the situation but my english are not that good especialy to speak with terminology.
so i will give it a try.at the center of the dinghy(you can see the photo) there is somekind of box where the centerboard stays in when it's pulled up. it's not the kind of dinghies that has a hole in the middle and you insert the centerboar until it locks down,in this dinghy it stays in the dinghy at all times,you just pull it up or leave it down. after a lot of work i constucted a centerboard that seems to be alright and i tried to recreate the mechanism that moves it(as every piece of its equipment was lost).at my first try i manage to make the centerboard to be pulled up but no matter what i do i can't get it to go down...so the big question is (if you have knowlege of a lot of diferent dinghies an if all the dinghies of this kind have similar mechanism) how in the name of god can i get it to go down?? the only thing that is left is to make a centerboard so heavy that goes down by itself but again needs a way to be locked down because the power of the water as the dinghy sails will bring it up. after all my problem is to do all these things from inside the boat and not have to swim every time LOL
Ian29937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ian29937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 13 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by nikolasask

Originally posted by Ian29937

well my main problem right now is the centerboard....it is missing so i have to deal with everything that has to do with the mechanism that makes it go up and down.i could describe you the situation but my english are not that good especialy to speak with terminology.
so i will give it a try.at the center of the dinghy(you can see the photo) there is somekind of box where the centerboard stays in when it's pulled up. it's not the kind of dinghies that has a hole in the middle and you insert the centerboar until it locks down,in this dinghy it stays in the dinghy at all times,you just pull it up or leave it down. after a lot of work i constucted a centerboard that seems to be alright and i tried to recreate the mechanism that moves it(as every piece of its equipment was lost).at my first try i manage to make the centerboard to be pulled up but no matter what i do i can't get it to go down...so the big question is (if you have knowlege of a lot of diferent dinghies an if all the dinghies of this kind have similar mechanism) how in the name of god can i get it to go down?? the only thing that is left is to make a centerboard so heavy that goes down by itself but again needs a way to be locked down because the power of the water as the dinghy sails will bring it up. after all my problem is to do all these things from inside the boat and not have to swim every time LOL

Would a system like that used on an Enterprise work?  This utilises a friction device like the following which is fitted to the top of the centreboard and rubs on the inside of the centreboard case?

transient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote transient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 13 at 1:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>