FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not displaying in IE9, etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Simon368 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Simon368 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not displaying in IE9, etc
    Posted: 17 Dec 12 at 4:43pm
When we post the sailwave file to our website the results cannot be read in anything later than IE 7.

I Publish the results and Emial to the lady wgho does the website. she uploads them. They used to be fine to read now it is all a loadd of rubish

what are we doing wrong?
blueboy View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote blueboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 12 at 6:14pm
It is possible to configure the webserver to send headers to ask IE to behave in IE7 mode.

X-UA-Compatible;IE=EmulateIE7

But maybe you need a more recent version of Sailwave?
Simon368 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Simon368 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 12 at 1:34pm
I have the latest version of sailwave downloaded yesterday but the same results.
I do not control the website so do not understnad such things as you suggest.

I just create the htm file and send it to the webmaster. They upload it and any new browsers dont seem to read it.

Am I saving in the wrong format or do you think it is something to do with the way we are uplaoading it. i have not doubt  it is us and not sailwave Smile
blueboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blueboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 12 at 6:42am
^

Can you provide a link to an example?
Simon368 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Simon368 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 12 at 9:12am
http://www.upriver.org/
look at the results section, and series.
All I see is a long list of text
Ian29937 View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ian29937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 12 at 9:55am
Looks fine to me in ie 8 at work.

blueboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blueboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 12 at 11:23am
OK, so if I go to http://www.upriver.org/ and click results/autumn series (for example) what I see in IE9 is that the right hand frame is unformatted html. It works fine in IE8 and Firefox.

Having traced the flow, I believe the reason is that you don't have a file suffix i.e. your file is  /autumn%20series%202012 but should be (say)   /autumn%20series%202012.html

This seems to be a known change in IE9 e.g. see http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/M**rosoft_Operating_Systems/Windows/Windows_7/Q_27648510.html

A pint of bitter next time I'm in Up River SC please. I used to do the very enjoyable long-distance Merlin open but that doesn't run any more......shame.

Edited by blueboy - 19 Dec 12 at 11:27am
Simon368 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Simon368 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 12 at 4:32pm
In Firefox and chrome I see the same unformatted html (learning something), but the problem you identify gives me no clues as to the solution. Remember I am a computir idiot Confused
SUGmeister View Drop Down
Sailwave Moderators
Sailwave Moderators

Post Options Post Options   Quote SUGmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 12 at 5:24pm
May I suggest that you take this query to the SUG

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sailwave/?yguid=5034044

http://www.sailwave.com/

cheeers

Edited by SUGmeister - 19 Dec 12 at 5:24pm
Simon SUGmeister
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
blueboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blueboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 12 at 5:27pm
I think the problem is that your files are called (for example) "autumn series 2012" and the problem would be resolved if they were "autumn series 2012.html"

If I am correct, it's nowt to do with Sailwave per se.

Edited by blueboy - 19 Dec 12 at 5:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>