Forum Discription: Questions and answers related to this topic
URL: http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9841
Printed Date: 29 Mar 24 at 11:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.665y - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Anyone with Noble Marine?
Posted By: Chris415700
Subject: Anyone with Noble Marine?
Date Posted: 19 Sep 12 at 8:28am
Then it might be worth double checking your renewal when it comes.

We have an old Byte that the kids sail occasionally. The insurance renewal notice came from Nobles a couple of days ago and at £71.85 it seemed a bit steep. I checked on the Noble web site and if I was to take out a new policy it would only cost me £62.64, so I phoned Nobles to find out why.

After a bit of head scratching by the lady at Nobles I was told that the policy details were for a MegaByte and they agreed to send me a new renewal notice for the correct amount. I found this a bit concerning as the renewal notice clearly states Byte, so it appears that there may be a bug in the Noble system that puts the wrong premium amount on renewal notices.

Replies:
Posted By: winging it
Date Posted: 19 Sep 12 at 9:10am
well, all my boats (8) are insured with Noble Marine, have been for years, and I've never had this problem.  

-------------
the same, but different...

Posted By: pondmonkey
Date Posted: 19 Sep 12 at 9:31am
Always used to be, and can't fault the service, but I found towergate mardon to be more competitive this year so I moved my boards to them.

My ickle yot has been with craftinsure from day 1 as they offered a great non-race package and their charges for a Spanish cert were very reasonable.

-------------

Posted By: alstorer
Date Posted: 19 Sep 12 at 9:46am
Of course, he who does not check the wording of his insurance renewal carefully ANYWAY is a fool. Everyone can make mistakes.

-------------
-_
Al

Posted By: r2d2
Date Posted: 19 Sep 12 at 10:20am
too true - I find that every automatic renewal quote for car insurance I receive is way too high and I end up alternating between the insurance companies on a yearly basis because they will always beat a competitor's quote (and often their own auto renewal quote as well) if you give them a chance on the phone

Posted By: jeffers
Date Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 7:18am
I am with Noble and have never had any issues. yes they are a little more expensive than the competition but the peace of mind I have knowing that any claim will be sorted quickly and I will be back on the water ASAP is worth every penny.

With regards to car insurance I NEVER take the automatic renewal notice. i always ring them up and ask them to explain why they have racked my premium up and I can get it cheaper elsewhere on the same terms (or better). this usually results in a drop in premium. They probably make enough with people who just look at it and let it run.

-------------
Paul
----------------------
D-Zero GBR 74

Posted By: Contender443
Date Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 8:01am
I am not with Noble as they are much more expensive than Insurance 4 Dinghies. I do not intend to claim and if I do I would not expect to claim very often.

-------------
Bonnie Lass Contender 1764

Posted By: Neptune
Date Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Contender443

I am not with Noble as they are much more expensive than Insurance 4 Dinghies. I do not intend to claim and if I do I would not expect to claim very often.

I also do that but i had a run that could at best be described as bad luck last year to such an extent i was on first name terms with the claim ladies at Noble.  They are brilliant by the way.

I don't think anyone ever takes insurance on the basis that they will claim and often.

-------------
Musto Skiff and Solo sailor

Posted By: blueboy
Date Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Contender443

I do not intend to claim

That is kind of the idea of insurance. It's for what you don't intend to happen but nevertheless might.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null: 'Replace'

/Forum/functions/functions_format_post.asp, line 959