FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New sailing boots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ASok View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ASok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New sailing boots
    Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 11:09am
Hi,

Just looking for a recommendation on new sailing boots. 

I'll be hiking whilst helming the Dart, I need to walk across a sandy / stoney beach to get on the water and I'm not too worried about warmth as I'll either have the drysuit on or it will be hot enough for a shortie.

Can anyone suggest a suitable boot?

Thanks.
radixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 11:32am
I have the Rooster boots and the gill ones.

On a cold day its the Rooster ones, thicker material but the soles are a bit naff. The Gill short ones, aren't as good for hiking but do have a better sole under foot.

Really depends how high up you want the boot to be.
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 11:38am
I've been suffering the dilema for a trapezing boot.  They are all really thin soled...which is great until you need to walk across a stoney beach or have a internal split toe so you can't wear hot socks or the like.

I always used to white teh white aigle boots but can't decided if another pair would be good as a trapezing boot and its an expensive mistake to make.
Musto Skiff and Solo sailor
ASok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 3:50pm
This is exactly my problem - I like thin soled boots once on board and sailing.  I enjoy singlehanded wiring on the Dart as well, so need flexibility and grip.  However, the beach was killing me this weekend.  My current boots are shot to bits - the sole must be a couple of mm thick and I could feel every lump and bump!!
zailor View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote zailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 4:05pm
Get your thin sole boots then buy those cheap imitation crocs things a few sizes to big and tie them to the boat when afloat :D
ASok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 11 at 12:52pm
Sorry, but I am very anti crocs.  Imitating them would be worse than actually buying them!! Sick
 Post Reply Post Reply