FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Training / Lessons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Rupert View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Training / Lessons
    Posted: 16 Jun 16 at 8:14am
Have fun!
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
terrycol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote terrycol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 16 at 10:35am
Rupert. Thanks. Googled whitefriars sc. very impressive!!
Buzz View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 16 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Rupert

Loads of clubs teach sailing! I work at 2 different ones, and know of many, many others.

Most will be registered training establishments with the RYA, so a visit there may help, though the RYA site is difficult to follow.

Maybe its because we have so many sailing schools in Cornwall. They tend to teach people to sail. The clubs provide coaching and racing.
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 16 at 3:57pm
Could be, Buzz. Also easier to run both on a pond, rather than tidal water, which involves greater resources and more people to ensure safety. I'm only really used to inland setups, my Restronguet days being 25 years ago!
Firefly 2324, Puffin 229, Minisail 3446 Mirror 70686
terrycol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote terrycol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 16 at 9:09pm
Hi All
Looking forward to Sunday, Open day at local sailing club. Had a word with Rear Commodore who gives lessons (without certificates!!) and is willing to take me on. For the open day was advised to bring wet gear!! All I have for the day is Waterproof golf gear!! If all goes well, will invest in some gear. Not too many Dinghy gear shops, seems like most of it is on-line, pity, I like to support local shops, Oh well!! Will let you know how I get on, Have a good weekend sailing......
ColPrice2002 View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColPrice2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 16 at 7:12am
Hi,
I think that the wet gear = some clothes that are ok to get wet plus a spray top and trainers/plimsolls that aren't spoilt by getting wet.
This time of year I normally sail (inland) with shorts, t shirt, dinghy boots with the option of a spray top for when it rains or gets cooler or indeed if there's a lot of spray.

Enjoy the day and take spare clothing + towel!

Colin
terrycol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote terrycol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 16 at 1:14pm
ColPrice2002.....Forgot about the towel!!
Appreciated
TC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123