FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative to a Contender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Riv View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Riv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative to a Contender
    Posted: 23 May 15 at 7:01pm
Don't kow what's wrongwith an L2.

Just got one and looking forward to doing it single handed as that's what I've got it for. Haven't sailed one since the early 80's but was a blast then and now should be a good laugh.

I think the Laser Vargo? has a vid about self tacking jib mod that I was going to try.

I'll wack a fully centre main on it rake the mast back as far as I can and see how it goes. Lovely hull, Bethwaite bow, cheap'n cheerful single hander.

Contender lovely boat.......heavy boats need excellent trolleys, correct proportions so you can pull well, good hand grips and roller bearings in the hubs...seriously makes a massive difference. My latest wheel barrrow has roller bearings and the difference over a standard one when loaded with soil is huge
Lukepiewalker View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Lukepiewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 15 at 11:17pm
Balance is everything with a trolley, you don't want to be wasting energy lifting the weight of the boat when you could more usefully use it to pull the thing.
Ex-Finn GBR533 "Pie Hard"
Ex-National 12 3253 "Seawitch"
Ex-National 12 2961 "Curved Air"
Ex-Mirror 59096 "Voodoo Chile"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234