FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacing Halyard: RS600

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Time Lord View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Time Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacing Halyard: RS600
    Posted: 30 Jul 14 at 4:38pm
PS: I always use monofilament fishing line, partly as I have suitable line on a multiplier reel that makes things easier to pull off line without getting twist in it and also as 25lb+ mono is fairly stiff. When I have used whipping twine I have found it very limp and more inclined to catch on things inside the mast.
Merlin Rocket 3609
craiggo View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote craiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 14 at 7:00pm
On a 600, remove the masthead sheave, turn the mast upside down and thread the mouse line in through the little exit hole. It should slide straight down and out the end. Tie the end which is left sticking out of the small hole to your halyard and poke it through then pull the mouse line from the masthead. Thread the halyard through the mast had fitting and reattach it then untie the mouse line and put your mast back up. On a 600 it's a ten minute job.
dohertpk View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote dohertpk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 14 at 12:20am
Job done. Dead easy following craiggo's method. Thanks all!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123