FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ISAF November Conference 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
JimC View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ISAF November Conference 2012
    Posted: 05 Nov 12 at 10:00am
This is happening now, and of course many of us are anticipating a massive **** fight sorry, I mean deep and respectful dicussion between the proponents of board sailing and kite sailing.

Only source for news I've seen so far is the ISAF official blog at http://www.sailing.org/follow/2012-ISAF-conference-blog.php.

News thus far is that the windsurfing and kitesurfing committee approved submission 51-12 which is a strange one which suggests replacing mean and womens kitsurfing with a "team" competition in both kite surfing and wind surfing in which a team consists of one man and one woman, I think in separate races. I say bizarre because in order to get within competitor limits the events would have to be limited to 16 nations per event, which would basically make it just a rich western nations event, without all the different countries you currently see in the board events. I don't see Council voting for that in the final decision, but I expect I'm wrong.

pondmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pondmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 12 at 10:56am
Thanks for posting Jim, do you know what the competitor limits are out of interest?  

I'm also sceptical that the mixed events will get voted through, and do the IOC have power to veto anyway?
blueboy View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote blueboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 12 at 8:28am
http://www.sailing.org/tools/documents/051122016OlympicEventsandEquipmentRegulation23.1.4-%5B13502%5D.pdf is the proposal.
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 12 at 9:13pm
ISTR sailing is limited to 400 competitors. That or 500 I think.

Latest news is that the Events committee is recommending going back to the RSX boards. They were very strongly in favour of the RSX against kitesurfing last time too though, so don't read too much into that.

Be aware that there's a regulation that requires a 75% majority in the Council vote to change any Olympic events this late in the game, but I *think* I see signs of some procedural stuff whereby there's a proposal for a regulation to change the regulation that requires a 75% vote, so *maybe* that regulation will be evaded...

Much political shenanigans going on in Dublin. Wonder who's going to vote the graveyard?

Edited by JimC - 07 Nov 12 at 9:15pm
Presuming Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Presuming Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 12 at 7:56am
380, IIRC
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 12 at 3:58pm
Latest from http://www.sailing.org/follow/2012-ISAF-conference-blog.php
ISAF Host - Daniel Smith:
The proposals to re-open the debate did not receive the required 75% of votes from ISAF Council. The Events and Equipment confirmed in May 2012 stand.
kingdacks View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote kingdacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 12 at 4:43pm
DAMMIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $** "$%% wanted windsurfing back in so badly.
pondmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pondmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 12 at 4:49pm
really? Were you planning to campaign?  It's good news... get Rio out the way, vote out kiteboarding as a complete flop and put some keelboats back in... simples.
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 12 at 5:30pm
Latest -
the following are definites for 2020.

Men's One Person Dinghy - Laser
Women's One Person Dinghy - Laser Radial
Men's Skiff - 49er
Women's Skiff - 49erFX
ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 12 at 4:31pm
Regulation 23.1.4 has been approved with the following amendment. 

Men's Board -RS:X
Women's Board - RS:X
Men's One Person Dinghy - Laser
Women's One Person Dinghy - Laser Radial 
Men's 2nd One Person Dinghy - Finn
Men's Skiff - 49er
Women's Skiff 49erFX
Men's Two Person Dinghy - 470
Women's Two Person Dinghy - 470
Mixed Two Person Multihull Nacra 17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>