FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

you can't hold a good man down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SUGmeister View Drop Down
Sailwave Moderators
Sailwave Moderators

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SUGmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: you can't hold a good man down
    Posted: 21 Aug 12 at 10:57am

Ben Ainslie set sights on fifth Olympic sailing gold medal

Ben Ainslie is targeting a fifth Olympic gold medal in 2016, having previously hinting he would not compete in Rio.

Ainslie, 35, became the most decorated Olympic sailor in history by taking gold in the Finn class at London 2012 .

He admitted after the race: "I don't think I can sail one of these again. It's killing my body. I don't think you will see me in Rio."

But he told BBC Sport on Tuesday: "I'd love to be in Rio if it's possible."

He added: "The next Olympics are a long way off and the focus is on the America's Cup now.

"But the Olympics have been a huge part of my life and I'd like to be involved in the next Games."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sailing/19329579#TWEET201629

Edited by SUGmeister - 21 Aug 12 at 10:57am
pondmonkey View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote pondmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 12 at 11:10am
Maybe as a commentator, coach, mentor... f**k it, he could even replace that ping pong ball boy as the team shrink....  

Make them angry, really f*cking angry....

Edited by pondmonkey - 21 Aug 12 at 11:11am
G.R.F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 12 at 11:28am
He was very lucky this time, and 35? He wont find the next four years as kind as the previous four in keeping that Kinetic drive source quite as injury free.. Love to see it happen, wish him well in fact, but if he stands in the way of a younger fitter man for the sake of the media, then pans badly how bad will he feel?

Quit while you're at the top, do some of that sailing where other monkeys do the grinding and they pay better, would be my advice to him, don't go believing your own press...
 Post Reply Post Reply