New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: 1960s/70s/80s Y.W. and Condor cats wanted  next ye
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1960s/70s/80s Y.W. and Condor cats wanted next ye

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Fitzer View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1960s/70s/80s Y.W. and Condor cats wanted next ye
    Posted: 05 Jul 12 at 12:33pm
Wanted for a week in 2013 for a 50th Anniv. exhibition of cats sailed by Org.members in 1960s/70s and 80s. = Yachting World and Condor cats.Don't need to be in sailing condition, but displayable, and reasonably sound, on trailer, preferably with mast & sails.  Will buy if cannot borrow. Funds limited. Owners in N.Ireland and South in particular please contact. Can you help ?
Photsterity [COLOR=RED]FONT=Verdana[QUOTE=Username]
Dermot M View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dermot M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 12 at 10:53pm
I have only just seen this post.
There are 2 Condor hulls and a complete home built 4.9 in Blessington SC - not great condition.
Hopefully Frank Cogan in NI is keeping well - he would be the contact for Y.W. He is father of Peter Cogan, well known US A Class sailor and designer.

Dermot
Shadow 075
Fitzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 12 at 11:19am
Hi Dermot, 

Can you let me know who to contact if you happen to know who owns them please ?
Fitzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 12 at 1:45pm
Hello again Dermot,

I forgot to ask you whether you knew how or where to contact the Cogans, preferably by email, but a 'phone No. would do to N.I..  Failing that even an address would suffice.

Thanks,  Fitzer.
Dermot M View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dermot M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 12 at 9:11am
Hi Fitzer, Haven't been on the forum for a while. Sorry for not replying. Do you still need info on these cats ?

Dermot
Shadow 075
Dermot M View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dermot M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 12 at 9:19am
The last email address I have for Peter Cogan is petercogan (at) mindspring (dot) com (altered to avoid spam)
Hopefully his father Frank is well in NI.

Dermot
Shadow 075
Fitzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 12 at 2:51pm
Hello Dermot,
I thought you sank without trace, not having a peep from your direction since July.
 I was looking for some evidence of your presence down in Derrynane last week, while having a wee bit of time in and on the water. The Dart 16 that was coming ashore when I first arrived, seemed to be terribly heavy to haul up the beach, with the tide out, and the two lads and myself did so with some difficulty. I checked it the next day, with a view to hiring it myself, and found so much water in each hull when opening the bungs that it took 1 minute and 1/2 to drain. Due to very light winds all week I didn't hire it. 
Yes, I am still very much interested, and would be very pleased to receive any info. on the cats that I need.  If you still have a Catapult that can be assembled and rigged, I would like to hear about it too.

What's the Shadow like to sail ?   Best Regards, Fitzer.
Dermot M View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dermot M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 12 at 12:00am
I'm not sure if I can do anything, but email me at dermot att catamaran dott ie. 
The Dart 16 always seems to take in rain water at the beams or somewhere. Builds up water in the hulls even if not sailed.
The Shadow is fantastic, especially the X version with the larger spinnaker.

Looks like my attempt to avoid spam to Peter Cogan above was in vain. The address is recognised if you click on it :-(
Dermot
Shadow 075
orkney lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orkney lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 12 at 10:33pm
Hi. Where exactly are you hoping to have your exhibit of old cats?
We still have a few YW cats up here in Orkney. One of which is still sailable and i'm sure the other could be made to sail again. I'd be keen to hear from anyone who knows much about these old boats.
If possible i'd like to attend the exhibit and hopefully take a boat along with me.
rogerd View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote rogerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 12 at 7:41am
Just a thought have you tried Alan on the cvrda site? He is the Cat rep and has a couple of old cats.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>