FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rank column

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tryinghard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tryinghard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rank column
    Posted: 18 Apr 12 at 2:21pm
Just for completeness:

I had tried putting all competitors in a fleet to see if it made any difference (didn't) then I changed the scoring method to score groups of competitors separately and used a grouping field of Fleet.

Seems a round about method but I'm only learning how to use it so I'm not going to criticise.

Paul
British Moth 784
Streaker 1665
GP14 7205
Just Another Dinghy Sailing Blog
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tryinghard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 12 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by timeintheboat

A stupid question but you did "score the series"?

I did score the series, I think that gives you the Total and Nett results based on your scoring system.

I think I've found out what the problem is though (might not be a problem, might be me!). When you score the series the options are to score the competitors as one group (the default) or score groups of competitors separately.

I had used the default but when I changed it to score groups of competitors separately it then ranked the competitors 1st 2nd 3rd etc.

No idea what these settings mean or why you would use each one.

Cheers anyway.

Paul
British Moth 784
Streaker 1665
GP14 7205
timeintheboat View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote timeintheboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 12 at 1:07pm
A stupid question but you did "score the series"?
Like some other things - sailing is more enjoyable when you do it with someone else
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tryinghard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 12 at 11:22am
I can't upload a blw file here, happy to send it to anyone who wants a look.

The only thing I've changed is the discard system which I set to no discards, but it ranked them in the same way before I changed that. I've tried putting all boats in the same fleet and rescoring but it didn't make any difference.

I'm reasonably technically capable but I've rummaged around but I can't find anything to change that seems to make any difference.

Cheers

Paul
British Moth 784
Streaker 1665
GP14 7205
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 12 at 10:57am
Think we'd need to see your blw file- never seen that before. Must be something about your scoring settings...
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tryinghard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 12 at 10:16am
Just started with sailwave and the results I've produced for a series seem to be correct apart from the Rank column which says 1st for everyone unless 2 competitors have the same nett score.

What do I need to do to get the Rank column to say 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc?

Results are here: http://www.britishmoth.co.uk/somerville2012.htm

Thanks
Paul
British Moth 784
Streaker 1665
GP14 7205
 Post Reply Post Reply