FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Laser New Wave

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
davesrighthere View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote davesrighthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laser New Wave
    Posted: 23 Apr 12 at 12:29pm
Nigel,
Would like to see if your sails are as colourful as mine :-)

Dave
radixon View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote radixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 12 at 4:29pm
Did Laser want you standing on your head to work out the letters are N W, not M U...

Nice to see pictures of the boat.

Edited by radixon - 23 Apr 12 at 4:29pm
Webmuppet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Webmuppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 12 at 12:50pm
Our sails are just as colourful ! .........although, yes, it is a mystery why the sails appear to bear the letters 'mu' rather than 'nw'. Our boat hasn't seen much use for some considerable time and the mainsail appears to have shrunk - it's definitely well shy of the mast top (it's been suggested that the bolt-rope itself may have shrunk?)

Nigel

I am the milkman of human kindness, I will leave an extra pint (Billy Bragg)

Graduate 2530 'Galaxy'
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 12 at 2:02pm
Pull the main all the way up before placing the boom on the gooseneck. you will have to pull the boom down quite a bit to get it on ( 1 to 2 inches if memory serves even with new sails). If it just won't go then indeed the bolt rope may have shrunk, if so unpick the stitching that holds the bottom of the bolt rope and ease it up an inch or so and re-stitch......Have fun Smile

Edited by GK.LaserII - 24 Apr 12 at 2:09pm
davesrighthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davesrighthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 12 at 3:28pm
The boat's looking really good in your picture.
I have the same spinnaker colour too.
Dave
Wharris87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wharris87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 13 at 9:34am
If anyone is looking to buy one of these fine vessels, I have one for sail- 1994, good condition, ready to sail!

Good fun, fast boat to sail!

PM or email me at will.harris'at'composite-integration.co.uk for more details.

Cheers,

Will
[forsale]
Ansel1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ansel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 13 at 2:06pm
Hello.
 I have a laser 2 regatta  and want to change it into a laser 2  new wave. That why i am looking for any information and fotos  of the new wave dingi, espacialy I liket to know, where the genakerpole is fixed to the boat  and  what kind of fittings are used. I am writing from Gemany.
It would be nice, if you could help me. Thank you. Best regards
Ansel1 Smile
Ansel1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ansel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 13 at 3:37pm
Hi Nigel,

I have a laser 2 regatta and want to change it into a laser 2 new wave.  To do this, I need information and I hope you can help me.
The thing I need to know is the length of the genakerpole and where it is fixed to the boat.
Maybe you have a photo of this.
I would be grateful if you could give me that information.
You can send me an e-mail to volker.harting@t-online.de

Thanks a lot
Volker
Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 13 at 3:57pm
Volker, I would strongly recommend that you try sailing a Fun New Wave,  then try a (Laser) 3000 before embarking on any modifications.

I think your choice will then lay between the 3000 and staying with the Regatta symmetric layout.  In my experience, the New Wave (and I gave it a good try-out in Minorca back when really it was new) it was a a bit of a lash up, and I wasn't at all surprised when Laser quickly dropped it and did a proper job of converting the, in itself nice, Regatta into an asymmetric in the form of the 3k.

Just my 2 cents worth, but I was and remain a fan of both the Regatta (the nicest symmetric boat I have ever sailed on a spinnaker reach, tho' I have reservations about the fit-out) and the 3k.  I wanted to like the New Wave, but gave up on it after a few tries.
Ansel1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ansel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 13 at 5:03pm
Thank you for the information.

As I know the hull of the 3k und the laser 2 is the same. The difference is the cockpitlayout.
I am sailing  my boat singlehanded for a five years, I never used the spi because it is too difficoult to handle for only one person. That is why I want to change the symetrik layout to an assymetric one, this is better to work with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>