FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New PY Website

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
Author
Hector View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Hector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New PY Website
    Posted: 17 Sep 12 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by slop_idol

ive only had a brief look at comparision results using new numbers and old for the same races and although not making huge changes (predicted it wouldnt make huge changes) it does make the racing closer and can mix it up a bit, which is good as it make syou try harder.

Almost exactly our experience. Clap

Edited by Hector - 17 Sep 12 at 5:25pm
Keith
29er 661 (with my daughters / nephew)
49er 688 (with Phil P)
RS200 968
Vortex (occasionally)
Laser 2049XX
AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 12 at 6:58pm
Major changes on the reporting page of the web page!
Looks like i've got some tidying up to do!

Alex

Edited by AlexM - 21 Sep 12 at 7:05pm
Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 12 at 4:45pm
october update of blackwater sc py list.  a few minor changes.  link to the most recent all in handicap race from last weekend using the updated number. http://blackwatersailingclub.org.uk/images/raceresults/Blackwater%20Cup.htm
MattHarris View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote MattHarris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 12 at 12:09pm
Has anyone noticed a speed improvement on the new website?  Previously mine took a few days to appear, i've uploaded a about 100 races and after 2 hours only two have appeared.  Is it worth me looking back this afternoon or is it still taking a few days to appear?
Phantom 1175 - Alice

http://www.thelostpenguin.co.uk
marke View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote marke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 12 at 12:26pm
Matt

That issue has been fixed.  It wasn't entirely slowness, it was just getting stuck.  It is processing much quicker now.  We (and several other clubs) now have 500 races loaded.  If it is still going slowly for you I'd report the problem, may be something in the data that is causing the problem.

Mark

Edited by marke - 22 Oct 12 at 12:27pm
AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 12 at 12:27pm
It's loads better. You'll see them this afternoon.
Even better now that it's got all the classes.
AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 12 at 12:34pm
Ours to-date
MattHarris View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote MattHarris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 12 at 9:53am
They did appear later on in the afternoon, although from home some of them appeared virtually straight away.  The new layout for the reports is much better although the confidence factor doesn't seem to climb ver fast.  I've got around 4 years of data uploaded and the highest we have is a 0.5 confidence, has anyone got much higher than this and how much data did it take?

Also is anyone struggling to get on this morning, i'm getting an internal server error :(
Phantom 1175 - Alice

http://www.thelostpenguin.co.uk
AlexM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AlexM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 12 at 10:11am
c.f I’ve seen 0.7 (see above, fireballs) I’m sure the c.f. raises quicker when you’ve got more of the same class in a race rather than a few doing many races.

Im getting error as-well. must be working on it
Alex
marke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 12 at 10:56am
Alex

The confidence factor for the calculated PY for a class is a composite of three factors
- sample size (bigger sample = higher confidence)
- variation in calculated PY (lower variation = higher confidence)
- change over time (lower change = higher confidence).

This was a first cut at establishing high confidence.  As the database grows it will be possible to look at other measures.  But in general the more data you have for a class, over a longer period of time and with the resulting PYs in a narrow range then the confidence factor should rise.  0.7 is pretty good.

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>