FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What GoPro?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What GoPro?
    Posted: 27 Jan 12 at 6:01pm
Kaaskop... nice one mines a YORKER too! Great minds and all that.
s.a.l.t.y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote s.a.l.t.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 12 at 7:29pm
My GoPro HD Hero 2 arrived i the post the other day and got to test it out today on an SB3 on Southampton water. Very impressed by it. I ordered the Motorsports Hero package so i can use the suction mount for the foredeck on the 600, but today i was using the Head Strap Mount (bought separately) which is pretty good for POV filming. Here are a couple of screen shots ive grabbed:

laser193713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser193713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 12 at 8:09pm
Wow the Hero 2 does take some very nice shots! shame it was out of budget.  As far as i have read though the hero 960 is almost as good unless the light is bad.

Looks like a great day for a sail!
ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 12 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by laser193713

Wow the Hero 2 does take some very nice shots! shame it was out of budget.  As far as i have read though the hero 960 is almost as good unless the light is bad.

Looks like a great day for a sail!
960 can take a mean photo too.

Most of my videos only ever end up on Youtube so 720 (or 960) is more than enough.

Edited by ellistine - 27 Jan 12 at 10:41pm
Hughph View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hughph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 12 at 11:39pm
Good to see I'm not the only one still using a VW Toureg kite salty! 
s.a.l.t.y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote s.a.l.t.y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 12 at 9:40am
Its not my boat. We borrowed it from the Royal Southern Yacht Club Youth Academy for some training.
DiscoBall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DiscoBall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 12 at 2:51pm
I find the mountain bike helmet mount to be pretty useful for attaching to the boom, mast, kingpost or spreader bracket though you definitely need to tether the camera as the nylon webbing buckles on the mount can let go rather easily.
Vago200 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vago200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 12 at 7:54pm
I had a HD Hero for nigh on 2 years and now got the Hero 2. Agree with the vented helmet strap mount being the best way to attach (plus lots of electrical tape to stop the mount slipping).

I've got a line of 2mm dyneema through the gap between the door and bar that acts as a hinge. Only once has the mount slipped from the boom on the 4000, and the tether held it through a few gybes with a nice crack.

I've never used an extension, just gone with the end of the boom and 960 resolution. If I were buying one now, I'd probably save the cash and get the 960, 960p or 720 if you're insistent on widescreen. It's plenty enough, 1080p isn't worth it on the HD Hero as the viewing angle is too narrow, the Hero2 is great, but I fear the day that it floats away, it'd hurt quite a lot less if it was a 960!

rs600676 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rs600676 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 12 at 7:57pm

i use imovie to edit it 
race hard or go home
rs600676 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rs600676 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 12 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by s.a.l.t.y

My GoPro HD Hero 2 arrived i the post the other day and got to test it out today on an SB3 on Southampton water. Very impressed by it. I ordered the Motorsports Hero package so i can use the suction mount for the foredeck on the 600, but today i was using the Head Strap Mount (bought separately) which is pretty good for POV filming. Here are a couple of screen shots ive grabbed:

salty with mine yours and toms we are going to get some great footage this year !
race hard or go home
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>