FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP - Crew Needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Barty View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Barty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP - Crew Needed
    Posted: 27 Jul 05 at 1:43pm

I have a friend who is going to the National 18 Europeans at Weymouth next week.  He is short of a wire man and having tried all other options am appealling to this forum.

Here's the deal -

They will be travelling down from Edinburgh this Friday and can collect any suitable and willing crew on the way down (as long as it doesn't involve catching a ferry, driving 1000's of miles out of their way etc).  They have rented a 3 bedroom flat for the week so there will be a room provided at no cost.  They will then return said crew to where they were picked up from.

The event is a week long regatta with boats competing from Scotland, London, Isle of Man, Ireland, usually around 30 - 40 boats.  The 18 is a big boat and the wire man is responsible for being out on the wire (obviously) and flying the kite.  There are 3 crew in total.  The racing is close and this boat usually features high in the rankings.  The social side has to be experienced to be believed (especially with the Irish there!).

So in summary is there anyone out there that is free next week who can dangle from a wire, fly a symetrical kite and drink heavily who would like a pretty much free weeks racing?

Send me a private message with your contact details and I'll be in touch or ask any questions here but hurry time is against us.

(Safety note:- The author is not responsible for any damage, loss or theft from the crew during the regatta due to drinking to much.  The author does not condone under age drinking and as such applications should be made by responsible persons only.)

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Edited by Barty
Stefan Lloyd View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stefan Lloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 05 at 1:52pm

Originally posted by Barty

having tried all other options am appealling to this forum.

You really know how to flatter, don't you?

Hope your friend finds crew.

Barty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Barty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 05 at 3:06pm
Didn't mean it that way but it is nice to try and sort friends out with friends if you know what I mean
sailor girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sailor girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 05 at 7:13pm
Barty are u going to be at the national 18 champs??? i might see you there!
Sailor Girl, Queen Of The Forum!
Barty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Barty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 05 at 8:35am
I would have gone but with a 1 week old son to look after it isn't gonna happen.
KnightMare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KnightMare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 05 at 10:57pm
Ah yeah can see that one being a good enough reason. Now had this been any other time I would have jumped at the chance even with the lack of experience. But 'sadly' im going to norway to go tall ship sailing again so im not here all the week. But keep us posted on what happens on the crew finding front.
HannahJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HannahJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 05 at 10:23am
Hmm aren't u lucky Knightmare stop making us jealous!!!!!!
MIRROR 64799 "Dolphin"
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist hopes it will change; the realist adjusts the sail
Ollie Dewhurst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ollie Dewhurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 05 at 10:37pm
Whether i to late now or not, if your still really desparate I'm 16, I
crew an RS 800, bout mid fleet ish n jus finished exams so got loads
o free time, jus give us a shout if needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply