FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you like the new look?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Poll Question: Do you like the new-look Yachts and Yachting Online?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
37 [68.52%]
5 [9.26%]
12 [22.22%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Contender 541 View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Contender 541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you like the new look?
    Posted: 27 Dec 11 at 9:43pm
one word - Tidy
When you find a big kettle of crazy it's probably best not to stir it - Pointy Haired Boss

Crew on 505 8780

laser193713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote laser193713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 11 at 11:18pm
Generally not a bad look but the news articles need a slightly more defined separation between them i think... there is something not quite right about it although that could just be the shock of looking at a new page which was so familiar before!?  You have obviously had a far more productive christmas than me!
ex laser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ex laser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 11 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Mark Jardine

Originally posted by ex laser

but gives me an error message when i post!

Just working on that  Confused forum posting is working but the mailer is having an issue with it. Also just had to do a bit of a modification on the Facebook like button on news articles - just sorted now.

thanks
MerlinMags View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote MerlinMags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 11 at 9:06am
Originally posted by radixon

Well done to Mark and Mags for the work they have done.

Ah, don't credit me! Mark has done all the whizzy stuff for this project. Bit he's told me to fix the forum problem, since that is far more boring...
John Shelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 11 at 10:28am
Good job. Nice to see all the trade spam separated from the dinghy and keelboat sections - although I appreciate it is the life blood of the website
Much more readable!
Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 11 at 10:49am
Originally posted by John Shelton

Good job. Nice to see all the trade spam separated from the dinghy and keelboat sections - although I appreciate it is the life blood of the website. Much more readable!

Hi John

The trade news will still be within the categories that it's relevant too. The great thing is that our marketing partners have really worked out how to make their news interesting - two of the most read articles from the last fortnight are commercial press releases!

Cheers, Mark
G.R.F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 11 at 11:31am
I like the position of the Latest news which now occasionally has me reading stuff, spooky how my picture appears at the bottom of the article, then spotted it as either my facebook or google+ I.D. So yes vast improvement, bang up to date, like it a lot.
stevejarrett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stevejarrett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 11 at 8:27pm
Don't seem to able to post anything .... some sort of access error !!
Teamvmg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Teamvmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 11 at 1:46am
The refresh looks good

I see that banque Populaire is still a keelboat though! I suppose that Vx40s and AC45s will be too!
Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 11 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Teamvmg

I see that banque Populaire is still a keelboat though! I suppose that Vx40s and AC45s will be too!

I have that dilemma all the time! There are of course many types of multihull that aren't keelboats / don't have any lead, but I try to put the reports into the category where they are most 'at home'. The Extreme 40's are the ones that blur the line most I guess - I think the AC45 fit in the keelboat category just because they are America's Cup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>