FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12 days of Christmas gadget special!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12 days of Christmas gadget special!
    Posted: 24 Nov 11 at 12:20pm
If you’re not sure what to buy the person who appears to have everything, or are looking for ideas for yourself, why not think about a gadget? But with so many gizmos on the market, it’s important to know which ones will prove truly invaluable, rather than useless after a few weeks or months.

In order to help yachts owners in their quest for the ultimate gadget, yacht insurance provider, Towergate Insurance, is looking to produce a ‘must-have’ Gadget Guide, linking in with the 12 days of Christmas.

Although in the Christian calendar the 12 days of Christmas are from Christmas day through to Epiphany (5 January when the wise men visited Jesus), Towergate is keen to list its top 12 gadgets, one every day, from 1 to 12 December – with the most popular gadget taking centre stage on 12 December.  This then gives you enough time to source the items or drop hints to relatives and friends.

However, the Guide can only be produced with your help.  So we want to hear from you if you’ve bought a gadget over the last few years year that has proved to be brilliant.  By sharing your gadget experiences, you’ll determine what gets into the top 12. And the more posts we get, the more comprehensive the Guide will be.

We only have a week until 1st December, so get posting!
rogue View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote rogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 11 at 12:47pm
iPhone....

first phone with a decent-ish browser onboard as standard (anyone remember early gen blackberry, or Nokia with Opera Mini!)

apps for navigation, forecasts, tide times, racing rules, GPS speed spike warfare etc

you can't really beat it, just mimic it badly with android!
tgruitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 11 at 12:52pm
If you don't have super strength fingers like myself then you will need one of these to undo those stubborn shackles that have defeated you in the past....

http://www.ronstan.co.uk/marine5/product.asp?prodno=RF1320R

Needs to sail more...
Jeremyc View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jeremyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 11 at 1:10pm
Go pro HD, lots of fun and has shown up all the mistakes I have made!

oops!!

Edited by Jeremyc - 24 Nov 11 at 3:55pm
N12- pure joy
D-Zero more pure joy
themeaningoflife View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote themeaningoflife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 11 at 2:04pm
+1 for the go pro!
Cambridge University Lightweight Rowing Club
RS800 1128

kindly sponsored by RWO Marine
kevg View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote kevg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 11 at 4:02pm
My favorite gadget is the Fox 40 pealess whistle. This is all plastic and no cork pea to disintegrate in the wet so still works. Nice and loud too.

Not quite a gadget... The mast cover for my son's 29er is just fab. Neatly stows the halyards makes derigging much easier and towing home less stressful.

ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 11 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by themeaningoflife

+1 for the go pro!

+2 for the GoPro
Oli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 11 at 1:52pm
iphone
go pro
tacktick
gerber

Mark Jardine View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mark Jardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 11 at 12:10pm
Hi all

We've been running the 12 days of Christmas gadget special articles using your suggestions, but now we need a few more! Keep your ideas coming! Smile

Many thanks, Mark

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 11 at 1:15pm
A gadget that polishes siverware would be good..........I dislike it so much that I now avoid winning if I can Wink 

The gadget I found most useful was the Casio Sea pathfinder watch. ....A cheap, reliable and easy to use countdown timer.

It won't break your heart if you lose it.

Edited by GK.LaserII - 08 Dec 11 at 1:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>