FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Switching positions in football

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Justin Bieber View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Justin Bieber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Switching positions in football
    Posted: 12 Oct 11 at 12:30pm
Hey everyone, Tongue

Well let me start of by saying that normally I'd play the Wide Receiver and Cornerback positions.

As you can see by my stats I'm a pretty skinny dude. At almost 6 feet and only 155 and I'm not exactly the guy on the field who puts fear into other player's eyes. I always wanted to play linebacker, But people have told me that I'm too small to play a LB. I wanted to ask if anyone knows how I could turn that perception around. If anyone has similar experience or a story to share I'd be very glad to hear it.

I was thinking if anyone could also help out in terms of how a workout for a linebacker should look like I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!
Justin Bieber Clap
tgruitt View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote tgruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 11 at 12:48pm
I can honestly say I've never been a Wide Receiver. I will start by saying I'm only 5ft7 and 24.

I started my football career in Year 5 at school, playing left back, I even managed to score a few goals from this position too. My overall ball skill let me down so I had to reevaluate my position in the team, this is when I turned to Goalkeeping. I found this suited me much better and this furthered my career into the A Team (not with Mr T, although that was my nickname for a time) in Year 6.

As I gained more experience I worked my way through the teams in secondary school, finally achieving my goal (but not scoring one) in Year 9 of playing in a cup final for my secondary school, we won, it was magical. Smile

Needs to sail more...
Rupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 11 at 2:19pm
In my kind of football, I played Fullback till I was about 14, but stopped growing upwards and have a hard head so moved to hooker. Hurt back stopped play in 1984, at which point I had to fall back on the alternative career as international pop sensation... or was that the other guy? 
Firefly 2324, Lightning 130, Puffin 229, Leader, Topper 44496, yellow Minisail
didlydon View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work
Far too distracted from work

Post Options Post Options   Quote didlydon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 11 at 3:55pm
Justin! You've come back to us! Hug Now, what I'd suggest is packing all this football & singing nonsence in & GET SAILING! You know it makes sense.... 
ellistine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ellistine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 11 at 5:18pm
My early football career consisted entirely of seeing how high I could kick a football in the cow field next to our house. It lasted for about 10mins. That's it. I got over it. 

Tennis against the wall however was a completely different story. Played that for years!
patj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote patj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 11 at 7:18pm
In our house it was cricket, with a tin bucket for a wicket and over the fence scoring 4 and out! Similarly when my own children were young.
 Post Reply Post Reply