FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ISAF request proposals for Mixed Multihull

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Stuart O View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Stuart O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ISAF request proposals for Mixed Multihull
    Posted: 27 Sep 11 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by tgruitt

Originally posted by Stuart O

Jim the legal limit behind any car or 4x4 in Europe and 2.55m anything over that width has to be towed by an HGV...all Im doing is pointing out that IF a class comes in with a fixed beamed boat  of over 2.55 for these trials, and it is chosen, then ISAF can hardly argue that they are trying to make the cost of transporting cheaper

Don't the hulls come apart?

I did emphasise the word IF
Stuart O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stuart O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 12 at 7:04pm
Im still waiting for a reply to the question that I asked ISAF as to why they stipulated a max width that exceeded the legal towing limits.
I do know that they read the forums so perhaps they would be enough to answer the question here or PM me
rb_stretch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rb_stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 12 at 8:45pm

Originally posted by tgruitt

Jim the legal limit behind any car or 4x4 in Europe and 2.55m anything over that width has to be towed by an HGV...all Im doing is pointing out that IF a class comes in with a fixed beamed boat  of over 2.55 for these trials, and it is chosen, then ISAF can hardly argue that they are trying to make the cost of transporting cheaper

Don't the hulls come apart?

I did emphasise the word IF

Actually the 2.55m limit is for trailers and not the load. I think the load is allowed to overhang from the side up to maximum of 2.90m or 305mm either side of the trailer.

Stuart O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stuart O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 12 at 10:24pm
yeah RB...but then you have to notify police of movement of load...and could mean flashing orange lights etc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123