FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trapeze harness: Over or Under?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Skiffman View Drop Down
Far too distracted from work

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Skiffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trapeze harness: Over or Under?
    Posted: 15 Sep 11 at 11:17pm
over buoyancy aid then rashie and do not like it tight

all personal preference, theres no right way just what works for you
49er GBR5

teamfletcherandsign.co.uk
Team Fletcher and Sign campaign site
fleaberto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fleaberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 11 at 12:20pm
Brilliant, thanks all.
Yeah, i was thinking of getting rid of the 'stopper' anyway, so you've all just confirmed that one.
Ive done a tiny amount of trapezing from cats, but not from dinghies yet so i'm looking forward to that - and the new high pitched voice by the sounds of it! LOL
Thanks for the help.

Lightning368 'All the Gear' (409), Lightning368 'Sprite' (101), Laser (big number) 'Yellow Jack', RS Vareo (432)'The Golden Rays'
Ian29937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ian29937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 11 at 1:15pm
The under vs over depends on which best fits my ailing back.  You can always run the harness under the BA at the back, pass the straps through the neck hole and over at the front which stops the BA riding up if this is a problem.  A little bit of a bind to put on depending on the harness strap/buckle arrangement

Ian

edit - oops typo correction

Edited by Ian29937 - 16 Sep 11 at 1:16pm
Ruscoe View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ruscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 11 at 1:35pm
As for ruining rash vests, i always pull the rash vest over the hook and peirce a hole in it to make sure the rash vest doesn't ride up.  Not had any problem with them falling apart, having said that a rash vest is a cheap item of cloting anyway (most less then £20)

Jack Sparrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 11 at 1:48pm
Harness, BA, rash top over the top of all. Less to catch on.
Jack Sparrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Sparrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 11 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Contender 541

Very dependant on what the BA allows, however I always go under.

Tight is good - uncomfortable tight is better - you will be amazed just how much room you have when you are out on the wire and have your weight on it. 
One note of caution - It took me a while to link breathlessness with too tight (the harness was very comfortable and a perfect fit when I was out on the wire, but restricted my breathing when I was in the boat)

Good post. It's amazing how your sailing suffers when you do this! I have a harness that is stiff around the hips and adjusted tight on the hips, and then quite lose on the shoulder strap.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12