FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dun Laoghaire HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doeywizard View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote doeywizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dun Laoghaire HELP
    Posted: 12 Aug 11 at 2:33pm
Hi, 2 weeks ago I put a post about sailing in North Berwick, and got some realy useful replies so, thanks. 

This time I am sailing in Dun Laoghaire in Dublin bay and was just wandering if any one els has sailed there, if so can you give me any useful tips and advice to help me get on there. 

Thanks Isaac
Topper 46148 for sale    
http://sailingdinghies.apolloduck.co.uk/display.phtml?aid=276804
English Dave View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote English Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 11 at 9:30am
what are you sailing? there are three big clubs, the national, royal irish and royal st george. the harbour can be tricky to launch from i you have no engine. seas can get big in dublin bay. if u leave yr car unattended for 5 microseconds you'll get a ticket. there's no nearby camping, hotels and bb are expensive and dont get me started on the price of beer.....

others speak highly of it tho....
English Dave
Ballyholme Yacht Club

(You'd think I'd be better at it by now)

Hurricane 5.9 SX
RS700
Pierre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pierre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 11 at 2:33pm
Note to self....
Dave .. he say don't bother.

Medway Maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medway Maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 11 at 11:21pm
Just seen this thread.

We had a great Wayfarer UK Nats at Dun Laoghaire (Eire, I know, I know) last month, at the National club.

Sailing-wise there are different areas you might be using, but in the one we used just left of the harbour entrance, I could only say it's the usual thing of 'get inshore out of a foul tide', though the tide wasn't really that strong during our stay.

Yes, prices in Euroland are high at the moment, but we had a very nice B&B - Ophira - who in turn recommended a great pub to eat in: Walters (best Guinness I had while over there). Overall a good trip.
 Post Reply Post Reply