FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RS100 Centreboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emmettos View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote emmettos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RS100 Centreboard
    Posted: 01 Jun 11 at 8:27am
Hi, I recently bought a RS100 and on my first sail I noticed that the centreboard is not very stiff, in the casing, when it's down. So much so that it is regularly popping up when I am sailing. Also, it's a pain when I capsize it that it slides back into the case when I am trying to right the boat. I can't find anywhere to cleat the centreboard downhaul. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Thanks.
fab100 View Drop Down
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote fab100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 11 at 9:16am
There is a friction brake on the board that you can tighten with a screw-driver but the board really needs to come out to do so.

To access, roll boat over and you will see a metal plate at the front of the board (whilst board still in up position)
Undo the aft screw and the metal plate will slide back and off. The board is now hooked rather than fixed onto the pivot bar. So unhook and remove board from case.

Tighten screw on friction brake and refit. May take a bit of trial and error to get just right, so leave refiting metal-plate thingy until you are happy with it!
emmettos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote emmettos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 11 at 9:57am
Excellent. Thanks a lot for that.
 Post Reply Post Reply