FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RS100 v D1 so the tables are turned then?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
G.R.F. View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RS100 v D1 so the tables are turned then?
    Posted: 26 May 11 at 12:07pm
Well so it seems from the Glynn Charles..

Then the D1 was always going to be faster, if you are lucky enough to have somewhere to launch it without difficulty, I wonder if it's also easier to sail as well.

It still wouldn't be much use to us lightweights I guess.

SO what's the general view now with the hindsite of what 18 moths is it already they've both been about?

And before you go off on one it's the boats we're comparing here, not big lard arses ability to use them..

Which simply put is the fastest?
JimC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JimC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 12:09pm
The one with the fastest sailor on board will be fastest 95 times out of a 100...
Foiling_Toff View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Post Options Post Options   Quote Foiling_Toff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 12:17pm
I don't think either are going to be much good for lightweights.  Even the 100 with the 7m rig.
haroosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote haroosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 3:40pm
Having been fortunate enough to sail both I felt the d1 was quicker upwind but the 100 was quicker downwind. That was with me and my sub 70kgs on board. However I think the d1 should be quicker on paper anyway.
There parts of both boats that I really like and I would be happy owning either.
However for me the price of the d1 has knocked it out of touch for me. It's alot of money. The cheapest early built used one I have seen is 8k!
Cheers,
Keith
Keith
RS100 GBR 116 (XLR8)
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 3:47pm
That comparison video was for them boat sailing in Una rig on a reach though....not really their forte.  If you wanted to go fast with one sail up i suspect the 300 would have left them standing

(or a 600 making them look like they are going backwards)

Edited by Neptune - 26 May 11 at 3:47pm
Musto Skiff and Solo sailor
G.R.F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote G.R.F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 8:55pm
Haroosh, which would you define as easiest to sail?

Neptune, nobody cares about 3 or 600's, they're so last century darling...
Neptune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Neptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 9:12pm

but still faster than this centuries offerings  Ermm

Problem I see with both turbocharged Vareos' is you really need a windward leeward course of they seem compromised to me
Musto Skiff and Solo sailor
asterix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote asterix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 9:15pm
yes, is the D1 ~£3000 easier to sail?  I pretty much came to the same analysis as Keith - the D1 is verrry nice, but it's a lot value-for-value against the 100, which is also great to sail when you get it right Smile

btw the 300 may be soooo last century, but I am still interested, although I reckon I'd hate that wobbly dead downwind stuff

Edited by asterix - 26 May 11 at 9:16pm
devotiluca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote devotiluca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 10:42pm
ob1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 11 at 10:55pm
the pretty boat gets the pretty girl!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>